Worth locking in sets for the token rewards?

Wondering if the MT is better to buy players you can sell or are the token rewards worth it?

I was wondering the same thing, i locked in the lakers and wizards, im always going to use LeBron, and i like wall, so thats why i did it for the tokens

I’ve locked historic Hornets and Grizz. I figure were back to collector levels so we will need them anyway, plus with the amount of triple threat games there will always be MT available

1 Like

Because of the token and collection elements, I feel like locking in isn’t such a bad idea this year.

1 Like

Locking in sets only saves time this time around, which is cool. I’m doing it for sets with good cards, like the historic ones (because they’re already badged), and maybe a favorite team or two.

1 Like

I’m gonna wait until after I finish dom and it’s more of a standstill, and by then the cards will be at least a little bit cheaper. Then I can boost up tokens that way

I was about to point out that normal cards have bronze badges but historics have gold

2 Likes

I did the math, every current collection locked is about enough to unlock 2 diamonds in the market. Finishing Current Dom + Trip Threat is enough for 1 more diamond. If u get to 1000 cards, 250 more tokens for 4 more diamonds. All u need is 3 more for PD market. Doesnt sound too bad.

3 Likes

I just want Shaun Livingston by lunchtime tomorrow lol

2 Likes

I am not locking a single collection or collecting cards this year. Knowing 2k they will just release 2 better versions of each diamond. Diamond Carmelo with 0 HOF badges?!? Come on 2k. Just remember PD Oscar, D Dirk and D Erving last year. Those cards were outdated in January/Februar.
Even if you manage to lock all 30 current collections for 10k-15k on average (which i doubt) we are talking of 300-450k that are locked in. That’s a whole PD Team in 2k18.

10 Likes

Locking is and always has been dumb. It’s amazing how the human brain works. Just because these tokens get you shit day 1 diamonds and pds. When we’ve already realized diamonds are Amy’s and pds are diamonds. Locking is and has always been a money grab. At least locking these cheaper sets in 2k18 got you rubies in a game with none. This shit gets you tokens that you can get in any mode.

To collectors : thanks for buying my bronze and silvers and golds for 1-3k. You enjoy those rewards while i slowly get the same ones and enjoy new content as I build my MT. Not trying to sound like a douche but I can’t believe this is a discussion. Even if u wanna complete sets, do it later and buy the cards back for 500mt… No point in having diamonds yet

3 Likes

$250k on the line lol

2 Likes

Good to heard that not everyone have a short memory.
C’mon guys you just played with almost all 99 cards,now you have Amy’s and even Diamond available from day1- just think a minute…

I only lock my wallet :joy:

2 Likes

Bro you don’t understand. They added a whole new gem. Go look at the Amy stats. Most have bronze badges and awful ratings. Bump every tier down one in your head .

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve said,all of this are just a bait, opal cards are pink diamonds now.
Not worth lock-in any sets or tokens now.

Exactly, you’re a smart man. SELL everything other than your 10 guys. I just got 4k for lonzo…

All the players getting locked can be sold and bought back later for much cheaper. Not even enough cards our for collector rewards, and every game mode offers tokens. Plus the token players aren’t even that end game…

2 Likes

maybe it will be better to spend the tokens on the special packs or whatever they said on the blog

:+1:
It’s how this gamemode works.
2k always keeps you hungry.
I remember how a lot of people said last year after finished first domination:
“With this defensive stats,this Ron Artest will be a end-game card from the bench”
:joy::joy: yeah,right…
Just grind MT with this sapphire’s, they’re good enough for now.

3 Likes

It’s not really stupid this year if you’re going for the 250k unless they put a cap on your team to even it out must ppl will be at a disadvantage come qualification time…