Who's Your Pick: #1 Seeds, Conf Champs, NBA Champs?

I do wonder if the Warriors are the darkhorse favorite. Lakers are giving me 2004 Lakers vibes. Older players are that much more likely to get injured, and I just don’t think they’re going to be able to defend very well.

2 Likes

If I bet on basketball, I’d bet on the Warriors to win it.

1 Like

Lakers winning it ones we flip Westbrook for Damian Lillard at the trade deadline :eyes:.

Even with trade logic set to 0, I don’t think 2k would make that trade.

1 Like

I have trade override on we good :joy:.

1 Like

#1 WEst: Suns or Jazz
#1 East: Nets
Conf West:Lakers
Conf East: Heat
CHAMPS: Lakers

Dunno if you’re joking or not, but I don’t see how a deal can be made. Lakers would need a serious All-Star prospect and/or really high draft pick(s) to trade to dump Westbrook for Dame, and they have neither.

Poole has been looking nice and I’m very hopeful. But I don’t see the Warriors as a legit threat to make the Finals or to win it, except as a wild dark horse. Way too thin at 5 to make it through the West without strong rim protection, even before considering the need to contain superstar centers like AD and Jokic.

Though I think they can field a nice offensive Death Lineup this year, Draymond can only play limited minutes at 5. Looney is their best workaday 5, but he’s small himself. And behind him they only have Wiseman, who has to be assumed to be unplayable in the Playoffs until his proves otherwise. And same with Bjelica, though he maybe can at least provide ability to play a Bench Mob Death Lineup small-ball stretch 5 in terms of offense. And Looney isn’t bankable, health-wise.

Otherwise, I like the optionality and range they have at wing now, between Wiggins, OPJ, JTA, and Iguodala.

No matter what, it’s a fun squad that should be at least Playoff-quality. Could string together enough at the right time to be a low-seeded Cinderella in the first round.

1 Like

I was joking unfortunately.

2 Likes

udivlen-surprised

1 Like