Who's Your Pick: #1 Seeds, Conf Champs, NBA Champs?

Just a little over a week away from the start of the 2021-2022 NBA Regular Season.

Which teams are your picks to win their conferences regular season crowns, Playoffs championship, and which team do you think will win the NBA Championship for 2021-2022?

(Teams listed in order of regular season placement in 2020-2021.)

WHICH TEAM WILL BE THE #1 SEED IN THE WEST?

• Utah Jazz
  • Phoenix Suns
  • Denver Nuggets
  • Los Angeles Clippers
  • Dallas Mavericks
  • Portland Trail Blazers
  • Los Angeles Lakers
  • Memphis Grizzlies
  • Golden State Warriors
  • San Antonio Spurs
  • New Orleans Pelicans
  • Sacramento Kings
  • Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Oklahoma City Thunder
  • Houston Rockets

0 voters

WHICH TEAM WILL BE THE WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMP IN THE FINALS?

• Utah Jazz
  • Phoenix Suns
  • Denver Nuggets
  • Los Angeles Clippers
  • Dallas Mavericks
  • Portland Trail Blazers
  • Los Angeles Lakers
  • Memphis Grizzlies
  • Golden State Warriors
  • San Antonio Spurs
  • New Orleans Pelicans
  • Sacramento Kings
  • Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Oklahoma City Thunder
  • Houston Rockets

0 voters

WHICH TEAM WILL BE THE #1 SEED IN THE EAST?

• Philadelphia 76ers
  • Brooklyn Nets
  • Milwaukee Bucks
  • New York Knicks
  • Atlanta Hawks
  • Miami Heat
  • Boston Celtics
  • Washington Wizards
  • Indiana Pacers
  • Charlotte Hornets
  • Chicago Bulls
  • Toronto Raptors
  • Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Orlando Magic
  • Detroit Pistons

0 voters

WHICH TEAM WILL BE THE EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMP IN THE FINALS?

• Philadelphia 76ers
  • Brooklyn Nets
  • Milwaukee Bucks
  • New York Knicks
  • Atlanta Hawks
  • Miami Heat
  • Boston Celtics
  • Washington Wizards
  • Indiana Pacers
  • Charlotte Hornets

0 voters

WHICH TEAM WILL WIN THE FINALS AND BECOME THE 2021-2022 NBA CHAMPIONS?
(Limited to 20 choices, so left out the Bottom 5 of each Conference from last year. Sorry Chicago Bulls. Not sorry everyone else.)

• Utah Jazz
  • Phoenix Suns
  • Denver Nuggets
  • Los Angeles Clippers
  • Dallas Mavericks
  • Portland Trail Blazers
  • Los Angeles Lakers
  • Memphis Grizzlies
  • Golden State Warriors
  • San Antonio Spurs
  • Philadelphia 76ers
  • Brooklyn Nets
  • Milwaukee Bucks
  • New York Knicks
  • Atlanta Hawks
  • Miami Heat
  • Boston Celtics
  • Washington Wizards
  • Indiana Pacers
  • Charlotte Hornets

0 voters

With the team the bulls have put together they’ll have to be atleast top 6 this season

1 Like

Can’t see the Lakers being the top seed… They are my pick to win it all but to do that, they aren’t gonna be able to put in a top seed regular season, not with the miles on that roster.

2 Likes

Yeah, I prolly should’ve removed the Wizards or the Pacers. Bulls are a good candidate for most improved team. Probably the front runner for that.

I went with the obvious choices, except picking Suns to win the West. Can’t vote for the Lakers even though that’s the more obvious choice. Jazz to get #1 in the West, Nets #1 in the East, and also to win in the East and go on to win in the Finals.

1 Like

It’s all about AD with them, if he stays healthy first seed and nba finals are doable, without him probably first round exit again

I still reckon if AD fully healthy he probably plays 70/75% of games. I’ll be shocked if they’re the 1 seed. I won’t be at all surprised if they win the chip, haha

I think the Nuggets are the most dangerous team right now in the NBA. They obviously have Jokic who was just last season’s MVP, Jamal Murray is back healthy so he’ll be another great offensive piece to have, MPJ might have a huge breakout season, and they also have a ton of depth with guys like Aaron Gordon, Jeff Green, Monte Morris, and Bones Hyland. I really hope they give Bones more minutes, he’s got such a great work ethic and he’s been balling in the preseason.

1 Like

No option for Toronto winning the east

What is this shit ?

LOL

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeesh. I think I messed that up somehow. Will take a look later and fix.

Agreed. Put Nugz as the #1.

Just tried to fix it but system won’t allow retroactive change of a poll. Doh.

Sorry to fans of

• Chicago Bulls
  • Toronto Raptors
  • Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Orlando Magic
  • Detroit Pistons

If Jamal Murray were able to come back midseason and looked good, then they’d definitely be vying for top seed.

raps gunna win now in spite

1 Like

All they needed was a full season of Khem Birch.

Interesting that the votes are so hard in favor of the Lakers winning #1 Seed in the West.

I wouldn’t argue hard for them not being a favorite to win the Western Conference in the Playoffs, necessarily, but I think they’re very unlikely to win the West in the regular season.

AD looks good and LBJ looks good, minus preseason rust that one cannot really count. Westbrook looks bad and it’s hard to say if it’s the same bad pre/early season that he had in HOU and WAS, or if he’s a non-ideal fit. Lean toward him being a non-ideal fit. Because he is.

Even more so when they’re missing THT, Ariza, and Monk. Monk is supposed to come back by or around the season opener, but THT is out for a month and Ariza is out for 2-3 weeks. Hardly a concern for making the playoffs, but a strong concern for getting #1 seed, especially when assuming that they’re going to want to rest AD and LBJ to a notable extent, to keep them fresh and minimize chance of injury.

I don’t think they even have #1 Seed as a goal. Nor should they.

2 Likes

I agree that the lakers probably won’t chase or get the 1 seed as they are too old for that type of sprint.

Dallas seems a bit high on these rankings to me as well. Definitely a fan favorite team but they haven’t made any moves yet that would make me think they would win the west. Everyone must be expecting luka to continue to get even better.

Pretty big vote of confidence for Jason Kidd, too.

LOL, someone picked the Spurs to win the Championship but not to win the Western Conference Championship.

Once we finally cash out Ben Simmons, I think the Sixers squad has a special season in them. I think Embiid gets his MVP.

If the Nets are healthy and drama free they are champs. Lakers, if healthy, or Jazz win the west. Outlier is Golden State… LOTS of “ifs” surround the Warriors, but if Klay comes back solid, and if Iggy and Porter strengthen the second unit, they could be a problem. Jordan Poole may be the most important player on their team. He LOOKS like he is ready to make the jump to legitimate solid NBA scorer.

1 Like