When are we getting new PD/ Opal token rewards?

It’s been a while since Walt/ Barry were introduced to the game. I wanna lock in Walt, but I really don’t want to get Mutombo/ Pierce/ Stockton/ etc since they are useless rn, do we have any info besides “stay tuned”?

Last week according to Big C Richy

17 Likes

When are we getting packs in the token market ?

Barry will be useless by the time the next PD comes out.

I wouldn’t worry about the PD rewards. The opals I get waiting on. If you have worthy and wilt, and don’t want walt.

But other than that, why have the tokens, only to save them all year.

Plus, Mutombo is still a beast, and pierce is at least usable. I’d prob personally play pierce over barry for the post animations.

Now why woudl you want that to happen, you’re just gonna spend 20 tokens on a ruby lol

3 Likes

I don’t have Worthy and Wilt, but I don’t want them either. Worthy was a roleplayer, and I refuse to have that as the best player on myteam, and I don’t like Wilt IRL, and I don’t like the idea of being able to shoot 3s with Wilt, so I pass on him too.

I don’t think I’m gonna get another 750 tokens anytime soon (have 1350 currently, but only 1 PD unlocked). I’m deciding between Walt and the possible next reward. I always run real point guards, so it’s a tough choice depending on who is the next reward (Kevin Garnett for example)

Barry has been good as a 2, but he’s fading away from my team. Pierce and Mutombo are nowhere near being usable on my own team, since there’s at least 5 cards better than each. We won’t even talk about Stockton.

1 Like

Mutombo can still get 20/20.

1 Like

:laughing::laughing:

Trusting Big C Richy on twitter is like trusting a OUIJA board lmfao

1 Like

i’m currently in this struggle boat

1 Like

June

1 Like

I wouldn’t even be surprised.

If by next month unlimited start they haven’t released anything I’ll get the players, cba waiting forever.

I’m at 300 tokens. Took around 2 weeks. At this rate, I should have enough in another 3 week. Hoping they release something new by then. Or else I will just get Walt. He actually looks pretty fun. Wilt and Worthy have been amazing. I expect Walt to be the same

1 Like

Meanwhile i still grinding for be prepared with 750 tokens

spending 750 tokens on a go that can be exploited by an affordable auctionable card seems like a poor investment but to each their own

i was worried i’d redeem walt when i was intoxicated but i was even more disgusted at spending 750 tokens on that card while not sober

3 Likes

Fair enough. The balance between waiting and playing is hard. I guess it comes down to your current needs. Can you live without Walt for a while? He’s the best true PG in the game, and if you only use true PGs, he’ll probably be no worse than your 2nd best PG by the end of game cycle (unless we get a GO Oscar and Magic).

Agree on stockton. I thought I had a bunch of guys better than Mutombo too, but I’m honestly not sure. Is a post fade and open 3 that big of a deal? Is that what makes Mutombo unusable instead of “GO Wilt Lite”

Because other than a 3 ball and post fade, Mutombo is right there with GO Wilt. But this is a different conversation entirely.

Edit: Though for anyone who only runs “true PGs”, if you only ever use magic/penny/oscar, does it really make a difference that you use a “true” PG?

2 Likes

i don’t do the rewards.

Token grind is getting a little easier with MTU, so spending 750 now and then grinding for the next prize does not seem as bad as it was before. But I get that a short pg doesn’t fit the meta well. Thankfully I have time to think it over

spending 750 tokens on a go that can be exploited by an affordable auctionable card seems like a poor investment but to each their own

I always run real PGs, might as well get the best pure pg in the game. I run through people anyways, so don’t worry about me losing or getting exploited by Hedo abusers, I ran Diamond D’Lo for a while (on a godsquad) and had very little trouble guarding people. PG13, Pippen, Kawhi etc deal with those cheesers easily, and Giannis can matchup with opposing Giannis’

If I find a hardcore cheeser running Hedo/AK backcourt or something, I’ll put Pippen at the 1, but besides that, I don’t have fun running players on positions they never play IRL.

i was worried i’d redeem walt when i was intoxicated but i was even more disgusted at spending 750 tokens on that card while not sober

Don’t want either of the other Opals, so if Walt didn’t exist I would sit on the tokens waiting for a new card.

1 Like

I can get Walt but my fingers refuse to redeem him, maybe when i have enough for a 4d GO i only have 330 tokens now, so it’s still a long grind

1 Like

i have doubts that frazier is certainly better than tbe magic — he might be but it’s probably situational and that’s a 150k card vs 750 tokens

haven’t used pd oscar but he seems to be at least on par with frazier, possibly better

but i hear you on not caring about the meta — i just couldn’t stand subbing out a 750 token player because someone is running AK at pg

2 Likes