What would DISAPPOINT you for Next Gen MyTeam?

Seems like MyTeam may be the only mode to not get a Blog/Trailer for Next Gen with just a few days till Xbox Leaunch. Ive been hearing lots of rumbles that not much has changed. I’ve remained optimistic that there will be a decent amount of new/fresh changes even if its just small stuff. They updated the Triple Threat Offline/Online Courts to brand new locations so based on that, I would think plenty of stuff would look brand new (Menus, Pack & Walkout Animations, Auction House? etc.)

What would disappoint YOU for Next Gen MyTeam? Lets say that the TTO Courts are really the only changes? Besides obviously the badge system/gameplay which will be updated/different

6 Likes

If that pack and playoffs or draft mode was made up i will be disappointed as hell. That would have been the most fun thing to do in myteam. No blog or trailer is making me think we will be disappointed. :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Again, lets just say I have been hearing RUMBLINGS that not much has changed. If thats the case be prepared to be disappointed…

4 Likes

Yeah definitely worrying and telling if we dont get any trailer, so far all we have seen is little blurry GIFs of the courts…

3 Likes

All my cards not transferring (all 1400 + ) of them for lillard and my mt not transferring

but myteam this year is my least favourite myteam ever so I honestly can’t care less what transfers over lol

I think we can rule out that not happening, no way they would fuck it up this badly. Would be riots lol

1 Like

I’m leaning towards just playing park/city on next gen, personally. A copy-and-paste MyTeam just has zero interest for me.

6 Likes

You definitely wont be the only one jumping ship, a massive brand new open world vs a copy/paste isnt a hard choice in the eyes of many. A few bronzes from a couple packs and guys will probably not be far behind you. I still have hope but with probably MyLeague/GM news tomorrow… they dont ever give weekend news, and by then we are at Monday/Tuesday which is Xbox Launch. No room for news in there it seems

8 Likes

If the only update is TTO courts I would be hugely disappointed which is saying a lot since I’m always prepared to be underwhelmed by the MyTeam devs. I think it would be a huge slap in the face to people who devote themselves to this mode and while I didn’t spend very much money in the mode last year and haven’t spent anything this year, beyond the legend edition, I still expect something at least mildly innovative like a pack and play or a draft mode. I appreciate limited, but I think unlimited is somehow worse than last year and last year it sucked and they’ve essentially eliminated evo’s which was my favorite addition from 20’. So yeah I’d be upset if we only see new courts.

1 Like

We live in such a different world on this site, clearly MyTeam is a minority of players to the point that 2K hasn’t even thrown a bone our way.

2 Likes

If the rumblings are true , I am taking another hiatus . I don’t think anything would really disappoint me since my expectations are extremely low. I don’t have the time to grind, so probably if they make it a chore than it already is , I will be disappointed.

3 Likes

If not much has changed then I would be disappointed. Current gen NBA 2k21 is not great. Limited is a plus new mode. What they did with unlimited made it worse compared to NBA 2k20. Your prize for getting to the opal league and going 12-0 is making unlimited useless until the season is over. At least in 2k20 you could keep trying to get different prizes after you went 12-0. Also the fact that they push you back a league if you lose too much sucks. At least in 2k20 if you lose a game you could lose two more to reset your W/L. Now you have to try to win 10 out of 12 to get another shot at 12-0.

Season rewards is a plus, but also I expect it to get worse and worse every season for people that don’t spent $100’s of dollars for pack openings. Even if you spent like $20 bucks here and there that is not going to be enough to keep up.

If it’s the same I may be tempted to try MyCareer. And I don’t care at all about a new triple threat court. It will be old in 1 day.

3 Likes

If there’s nothing new to do and they expect me to play the same MTU, TTO, and Limited only for the 5ish games it takes me to get a ring… I’m gonna lose interest real fast

Been playing the same game since 2k19 man

2 Likes

I wont be disappointed at all. A new mode and some other features would be nice but myteam is about gameplay for me. Its the best 5v5 mode unless PNO gets a makeover. Id like to see them scrap the lame badge upgrade system but I know they wont.

3 Likes

It’ll be the same game with different badge names and the same shorts bug.

Id be surprised if the game plays any differently, maybe better lighting.

2 Likes

I’m just looking forward to finally play the actual 2K21 game, since this thing that we’re running on current gen consoles can at best be called 2K20.2

I have very very very low expectations but if these bums didnt revamp the AH, at least i might abandon that mode altogether. Unless the gameplay is A-1 but judging from the trailer, shit looks the same. I dont care what these blogs are saying. 2k always fail to deliver their promises.
They need to bring evo players back.

1 Like

i don’t expect anything new added to the game on next gen besides the badges which might be a pain in this ass,but honestly everything they’ve introduced this year has been poorly implemented anyway(the season reward is too much of a grind,limited being random is annoying and the exchange is a joke) so i’m more than ready to switch boats to park so i least can get my money’s worth playing the game

I don’t want to be pessimistic but I really don’t have much hope for next gen…

They have failed with there last current gen game aka 2k20.5 and couldn’t create a good game play. I believe next gen will have some massive flaws due to their inexperience with new gen…

3 Likes

Man I admire your optimism.

Some guys haven’t got their pre order bonuses yet.

3 Likes