What makes 2K "fun" for you?

What makes 2K "fun" for you?

Curious to see what makes the game fun for people. Not just 2K20 but any 2K and My Team in general…how do you have your fun in 2K?

For me its mainly about finding a good offense and working on perfecting the execution of that offense online. I watched Kobe Doin’ Work back in like 2009 and fell in love with the details of basketball offensive systems. If i can run a realistic offense with great success online, i usually have fun. Same thing with defense. Too bad on ball defense is nearly impossible in 2K20. This is taking some of the fun away from me. And then more specific to My Team, obviously i enjoy building fun lineups and playing with my favorite players.

How do you get most of your fun out of 2K? Is it from winning online? Team building? Working the AH to make MT? Park/Proam with friends?

5 Likes

Winning with freelances.
Having to focus on game plans and sweat makes me anxious. Losing blows.

2 Likes

Using my favorite players & making fantasy teams.

Rebuilding/playing GM

Game winners with Kobe

3 Likes

For me, it honestly is just playing with my favorite players. funny enough, 2K has helped me appreciate Basketball more.

5 Likes

Most of my fun come from when I’m playing Park/Pro Am with my boys. Not because of us winning but because of the dumb stuff that happens that bonds us closer together.

3 Likes

I have fun building theme teams. Gameplay early in the year is usually better than late in the year because I like when teams have strengths and weaknesses. No all demigod lineups. Team building and collecting Lakers is just my thing.

6 Likes

Using players that fit how I want to play and watching it all come together is a beautiful thing.

I havent used commentary in years. I always listen to music on my headphones while I play but the past 2 weeks I turned on commentary and it added more immersion.

2 Likes

Only decent basketball game

playing comp

1 Like

I enjoy learning playbooks and learning new sets and making theme teams. I just wish we had more 5 on 5 game modes for 2k.

Or like a 1 v 1 mode where u choose one card and play 21 lol

2 Likes

Honestly for me it’s also just using my favorite players. Dropping 40 with IT4, having Marcus Smart frustrate someone, and getting 15 assists with Jokic is enough to entertain me for the few hours I play a week

Running non meta players and doing well with them, even if it doesn’t happen everytime lol

1 Like

Card collecting and opening packs is half of it for me, scratches that same itch as collecting cards when I was a kid. The other half is just ball and competition. Ever since I stopped playing competitively, there’s a hole in my soul. 2k doesn’t fill it, but it’s the closest I can get. Also I suppose the nostalgia factor. When I come back for 2K21, I’m running a Dream Team squad. Never really used MJ in 2K before, looking forward it.

3 Likes

I also much prefer the early year. Wish there was a popular online mode where you could just make a fantasy team with realisitc versions of cards. A game mode where you get to draft a team by selecting 1 out of 3 presented cards at a time like Hearthstone would be awesome too.

1 Like

Madden used to have draft duels. You would randomly get a pool of players that you and your opponent take turns drafting, then play against each other with the team you drafted. Too cool for 2k.

2 Likes

When people get on the mic and say I should kill myself because I’m trash. It’s what I love the most.

succeeding without giving 2k money. means I have to use the old boomer cards they juice instead of the hypebeast cards

successfully defending the peekaboo pick n roll…successful scoring with freelance /play…create the perfect open shot with plays…=) or bust out moves with kobe like chain a perfect combo to get off opponent and score …n use favourite player to beat the meta player

Playing with players I like and not just whoever is meta. Playing inside out basketball usually with two bigs. Perfecting the post game each year is fun too.

That would be amazing. It would keep things balanced, various, and also replicate the joy of getting a really good card without hitting the credit card. Too fun for 2k.