Westbrook to LA

So buddy hield a joke

1 Like

If I’m the Wizards no way in hell I do a deal without the Lakers 22nd pick

2 Likes

Would much rather have buddy hield

1 Like

Mark my words: Russ will be out of the Lakers before the All-Star break. I just can’t see him fit with LeBron. I don’t understand why would the Lakers want him for other than a safety net when LeBron is injured. He’s not even a good trade asset as his price tag is high and teams are not too keen to trade for him.
If my prediction is wrong, I will admit it. And if this roster works out and they win a lot of games, I will apologise. But Russ hasn’t really worked too well anywhere in terms of winning when it matters so I’m incredibly sceptical.

5 Likes

It’s because LA feels compelled to have big names. This looks a lot like Nash and Dwight but not nearly as bad. Older players on bad contracts with questionable fit. LA should’ve gone after assets to supplement AD once LeBron falls off/ retires.

2 Likes

I love Westbrook for athleticism and high energy, but you have a point. I wonder what role he’s going to play on the team… He’s not a shooter and if he takes on the playmaking duty, where does that leave LBJ?

Westbrook reportedly said that he’s willing to sacrifice his ego for the championship in his native LA. If he really does that I can see it work.

Bron and AD needs spacing and Lakers were desperately needing shooting last year. And now they are bringing Westbrook to this equation… He is a guy more productive with the ball in his hands. And LA gave all their trade pieces in this trade. In my opinion Buddy Hield would be better choice for the team as he could easily provide the shooting and spacing. I saw Bron, AD and Russ went to dinner couple of days ago so obviously they have talked about this a lot but I didn’t like this trade as an LA fan.

2 Likes

When in your big-3, the best shooter is Lebron James, i don’t think it’s a good sign.

Lakers will be fun to watch though, at least in the regular season (come playoff time, you need shooters).

3 Likes

I am not exactly sure how this big 3 will co-exist. LA pretty much gave up their bench depth for Westbrook.

It’s more of a big 2.5

Just 3 big names on a team sadly big names don’t equal a :trophy:

2 Likes

Didn’t he say the same when he went to the Rockets? And I have to admit, they sort of could exist with Harden. But it was more trying to fit these guys in rather than make it flow organically.
Idk man, I’ve been critical of Westbrook for years now, ever since KD left. They’ve tried everything and at this point, people have to realise that he can’t be anything more than an intriguing player to watch on a non-contending team, put up huge numbers and entertain the fans. He just can’t play winning basketball. I mean Chris Paul is a better option than him every time on a team that’s looking to go for the title.

1 Like

You need shooters on paper but last 2 champions didn’t have it interestingly. Not a big fan on Russ game iq but we’ll see. Bold move by Lakers.

It’s not really the shooting as in “we can score 30 3s a game”. It’s the threat of shooting, i.e. Giannis had much more space because his 4 teammates could knock down shots. AD is a decent shooter but you can’t really rely on him to knock down all the shots. Westbrook is below average.

3 Likes

I’m very interested to see how this goes ,this is a pretty good fit with 2 of the best playmakers on the same team now we just need to see who the role players are and if they’re decent shooters

Y’all really don’t understand this trade? :laughing:
Lebron wanted to play off the ball for few years now. He finally can do it. Westbrook will take the burden of playmaking from him and Bron will be more of a spot up shooter now. He’ll save a lot of energy and prolong his career thanks to that. AD loves to sit on the perimeter anyway, cause he thinks he’s a 6’10 Ray Allen, so that’s perfect. They can basically play Rockets’ 5out with Westbrook being their Harden.

7 Likes

His ego isn’t what makes him a poor shooter… That’s the main issue with fit. Not his ego.

Nailed it

1 Like

Imagine having one of the best decision makers ever off the ball for Westbrook :rofl:
Maybe can work in the regular season

2 Likes

Exactly , isn’t even about shooting that good %
Is spacing the flooor with players that
Can hit and are used to stretch to spread the floor

2 Likes