Westbrook’s trade Value

I was going through NBA teams and trying to find a team that need’s Russel Westbrook’s particular skill set and honestly there’s not many. On some rosters he would actually do more harm than good. So let’s discuss his potential suitors and why would it work?

Here’s my 2 teams that can add Russ and maybe have better odds at winning it all.
The Milwaukee Bucks. He would be a much better version of Eric Bledsoe and that would help them maybe to advance further in the east.
The second team is the Spurs. Spurs could maybe try to team up Russ with Derozan and Aldridge. That’s at least a playoff team at the very least and they could always trade him mid season if it doesn’t work. Other than that the Knicks or Nuggets might bite, but Russ doesn’t quite move the needle like PG13 did.

3 Likes

Bucks with Westbrook would be fast

But would he be as good as bledsoe on defense

2 Likes

If Pop gets his hands on Russ, and can actually control him to play within a system, that could be a dangerous trio

2 Likes

The real question is… Does Westbrook shift his thinking of triple double to how to win on a new team

Well I’ve strangely never viewed Bledsoe as an elite defender, but definitely not a bad one. I think Russ is an average defender. And above average at steals, driving, rebound and playmaking. I think the swap would be greatly beneficial because Bledsoe gets lost on offense at times and Russ loves to score even if he shoots 30%

1 Like

If Pop can coach Westbrook into slowing down and playing basketball. That would make him the greatest coach of all time.

1 Like

Bledsoe for Russ… They oughta try it. Fit be damned.

2 Likes

pistons should be the team to make the move for russ — pair him with blake & drummond … they can’t get better any other way so beggars can’t be choosers, they should be happy to get russ even with that insane price tag

heat are my second choice, but they have more cap flexibility than pistons in the near future

2 Likes

Russ reminds me of Harden in Hardens case he is always foul hunting flopping and just focused on his numbers in Russ case he always trip dub hunting if these guys just play basketball they could finally be champions.

Detroit Sports Radio is all in agreement that they dont want Russ anywhere near the Pistons.

But Tom Gores is all about selling tickets.

Russ making 38, 41, 44 and 47 Million its one of the worst contracts in NBA history.

1 Like

Harden is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Russ. Harden can actually shoot. Russ struggles at all expects of shooting including free throws.

2 Likes

Not really comparing whos better. Im more so talking about how they play and how it doesn’t translate into winning chips. Harden and Russ been in the league 10 and 11 years with 0 rings to show for it.

If they were coached by Pop theyd have a ring or 2 already. They just need to play basketball.

1 Like

Lol that would be funny, Russ and Reggie Jackson don’t get along

1 Like

Yall follow woj?

I was on NBA trade machine eariler today and it would be impossible for the Spurs to do a deal without giving up DeMar or Aldridge. The Thunder would probably get Demar(player option next season)

1 Like

I haven’t ran it through the trade machine, but nothing’s impossible. Let me give it a try. It may take a 3 team trade to pull it off.

1 Like

Most team don’t have cap space anymore.

Westbrook and Jimmy Butler seem like a disaster waiting to happen.

2 Likes

Yeah you’re probably right I was just looking at there cap situation. I can’t believe the Spurs gave Rudy Gay 16 million per year for 2 years. They overpaid badly. Realistically they would have to wait until mid season to be able to trade for Russ if he’s still available. Either that or deplete the entire roster.

Yeah I feel that Jimmy x Westbrook is easily one of the worse pairings in history.

1 Like