Too all the Aussies on 2kgamer

With all these fires all over Australia stay safe guys and remember, property can be replaced, lives can’t

14 Likes

I bet it’s already New Years over there.

Happy New Years to my AustrALIENs

7 Likes

It’s 12.45pm in the middle of the day in NSW (NYE) but half the state it’s black, looks like midnight

I hope all of you are safe!

2 Likes

Where I am is ok atm, a few fires around but they aren’t threatening the town atm. My Nan is on the way to hospital due to smoke inhalation (she has COPD so her lungs are fucked already), 1 uncle is filling tanks and buckets and anything else getting ready to protect his farm because it’s coming and my other uncle is currently trying to save his house atm with a tank and tractor.

My God I hope your family and friends stay safe

1 Like

Thanks mate, it’s getting pretty bad. They had 4000 people on a beach in Victoria because of one of the fires hitting the town. They told them to get in the water and wait for the Navy. Thankfully a wind change hit and turned the fire back on itself.

2 Likes

@d-man @Mmblack1182 @trala7

You guys safe?

Yeah just. We are in Bateman’s bay but in long beach so on the safe side of the bay. Town is on fire though. We were watching from the beach and then the southerly came and blew all the smoke over us. We’ve lost power and it was very dark but only on the lookout for embers. Very unlikely there will be any fire where I am but all the roads out are closed…

4 Likes

Shit bro, stay safe. Is the road north closed now too? They were saying it was still open on the news not long ago

1 Like

I’m in brissie so I’m all good but this doesn’t sound good everywhere else, we had our worries with fires but have been good lately. Hope everyone else is all good

2 Likes

That’s good to hear bro. I don’t know where any of you guys are other then @dna2K and it’s looking real bad atm so I just wanted to check in and see how you boys were going. I’m unsure of any other Aussies on here but tag away if you guys know of more.

1 Like

We are on Holidays in Tassie for the next 2 weeks. Looks like the fires followed us here.

This was our home town at 2pm a couple of weeks ago

Stay safe everyone

4 Likes

Stay safe bro. Did you fly down? Can’t imagine you’d be able to get past Melbourne by car anymore

I have friends around the Batemans Bay area, and family at Pambula further down the south coast where there are fires within 20km of their house… Ash, smoke and embers are blowing around in strong winds and it’s mid 30 degrees Celsius (almost 100 Fh)

2 Likes

I’m near Canberra and the smoke is crazy. We’re all praying for rain but these fires have been going for weeks

3 Likes

Glad to see we all stick together!

3 Likes

Shit man, I hope they’re safe. I grew up in Candelo, that’s where my Nan was before going to hospital and my uncles are just outside of Bemboka.

1 Like

I’m in Queanbeyan, the smoke is thick as hell

1 Like

Road north is open to Ulladulla but shut from there. I live in Melbourne and am supposed to be driving back on Sunday but will see how that goes… Currently can only drive from here to Ulladulla.

1 Like