Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Series returns Sept 4th

I know at least a few of you guys are in my age bracket. I can’t be the only one who used to play this game until my eyes bled. I still remember slamming that blue cartridge in my N64 for the first time. This is peak nostalgia for me. I even ended up trying to get into actual skateboarding (which did not last very long lmao. Anybody else excited for this?

13 Likes

Underground>>>

3 Likes

The series definitely has some improvements down the line, but the OG>>>> I’m hoping this is one of those complete remakes where they add later game features. That’d be :fire:

3 Likes

Fuck this game TBH, where’s skate 4?

3 Likes

THUG 2 was the good ole days man. The last Tony Hawk game I bought was project 8 and then I played that original Skate demo on the 360 and never looked the fuck back…

2 Likes

Fax. Skate is 500x better.

4 Likes

Facts EA playin.

My homie is the voice of one of the dudes in the skate shop and some random pedestrians.

2 Likes

Oh shit that’s dope lol.

2 Likes

EA themselves brought the series down but I’ll still take Skate over the best TH game anyday.

1 Like

Skate 3 is so freaking good lol.

Could sit around for hours just messing around.

5 Likes

This will be awesome to play simply for nostalgic purposes. Played thousands of hours of thps 1 and 2. Was obsessed with skateboarding back then, as was most everybody.

Tony hawk is so unrealistic.

I like how in skate even a Simple 180 can be fresh.

GOAT soundtrack on THPS though.

1 Like

For sure. Love the skate games. Skater xl looks decent. But whenever EA announced skate 4 it will be pandemonium

3 Likes

Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD 2.0

I loved THPS as a kid but I enjoyed EA Skate way more when i got older because it was more realistic. The last THPS with Lil Wayne looked terrible. I still play Skate 3 sometimes since its backwards compatible, not bad for $5.

2 Likes

It was always meant to be an arcade game. That’s the 90s for you. I do agree that Skate 3 is the BEST skateboarding game overall, but the fun of endless combos, collecting tapes, and doing challenges was just a better time for me, especially since I was in like 4th grade lol. Also that soundtrack is incredible, like you said. I have it as a playlist on my phone.

Have you looked into Session? EA seems to not give AF about Skate 4 unfortunately. Same way they did another underrated GOAT, Fight Night

2 Likes

No I love THPS I was just playin.

But we need skate 4.

2 Likes

I hear you, THPS was fun. The 2nd game is on my top 5 of all time as far as games that I played the shit out of but something about Skate was more enjoyable just pulling off a simple combo

1 Like

Oh shit!!! :heart_eyes: I was literally waiting 15 years for this. One of the best games ever. Pure fun.

1 Like