Tips on MTU line-ups

Tips on MTU line-ups

'sup guys! so I made it to 9-0 yesterday and then I had a fucking power failure after like 3 minutes in game 10 so 12-0 is not a thing anymore :frowning: buttt…

I just wanted to know if you guys have any tips on line-ups… I really dont know if I want to run a team of my best players, or a team full of good rubys and saphires off the bench, what coach to use etc… I’m new to MTU, havnt played it at all last year so hope you can give a brother a few tips

Right now I’m trying this (with Coach Popovich, T-Mac/Marbury/KG all Ruby)… tried using guys like Mutombo / Webber in combination to the Saphs/Rubys but idfk man

Klay is the only card with clamps. I’d be worried about that

2 Likes

oh yeah good tip bro thanks… are there good saphires/rubys with clamps you can recommend? I actually dont have a big problem on the defensive end, my opponents keep shooting below 42/45 percent on FGs… problem I have at times is rebounding and shooting…

do you think using a worse coach would be better for matching up with lower teams? and what do you think in general of using saphs/rubys instead of DIAs and Amys?

I have no idea about the coach. But yeah I think running lower tiered cards affects matchmaking, it pretty much has every year. Idk why they would change it now. I think the reason people are matching up with crazy talent gaps between squads is mainly because the player base in MTU is low right now due to all the issues its had thus far. Matt Barnes, Charlie Ward, Ron Harper, John Starks, James Posey, Rondo etc. Those are all cards EM-Ruby with clamps off the top of my head. On 2kmtcentral.com you can sort players by badges.

3 Likes

you da real MVP man

1 Like

I’d also add that it’s important to maximize card tiers. What I mean is, if I had to choose between a high level sapphire (Muresan for example) and a low level ruby or amythest I’m picking the lower tier every time. Otherwise it’s putting you at a disadvantage in matchmaking.

1 Like

Yeah I’m thinking about getting Muresan out anyways… thanks bro!

I think you misinterpreted what I said haha. I’m saying keep Muresan instead of someone like Hibbert or Reeves since he’s wayyy better and also a lower tier (sapphire vs ruby). It helps with matchmaking thus giving you an advantage.

1 Like

oh yeah I did lol… I actually used Hibbert lately instead of Muresan a few times… I need more nice Saphs lol

1 Like

Haha for sure. Starks is pretty nice imo

1 Like

I try to run 3&D players and a big, but I run a lot of lower tiered cards, with the exception of Bird. I just don’t like matching up with amazing squads since I’m just average at the game. I also have Muresan and I agree… He’s a beast. Averages 12 and 8 with 3 assists and 3 blocks and shoots 85%

1 Like

Try to make sure that at least 2 perimeter players in both starter and bench lineups have clamps.

Me I have Wade and Battier and usually have Wade handle the PG and put Francis on a spot up shooter or someone who can’t really drive. Same with Rice off the bench.

1 Like

I used the full Nuggets Heat Check line-up yesterday to start off the series at 0-0 just to look who I match up with… played a line-up of emeralds and saphs and one ruby lolol that was fun