Tim Duncan is Overrated

System effect imo. Any other PF in his era wouldve had the same accomplishments as him had they been at the Spurs.

The Spurs couldve flipped him on draft night for Shareef or Jermaine and still had the same success

Good? Sure. But people talk about him being considered the best PF of all-time. I dont even think he’s even the best PF of his era

lol

Duncan is not flashy but he gets the job done more than any other bigmen.

2 Likes

You’re whack for this.

30 Likes

Lol dude had high IQ and was coachable, I guess that’s overrated

3 Likes

Aldridge is in the exact same system and performing no where near as good as Duncan was, and Aldridge is a proven player

9 Likes

There is soooo much video and statistical evidence to the contrary. Terrible take.

6 Likes

Name me a better rim protector and overall post player besides Hakeem.

I’ll wait…

11 Likes

Dude was dropping 30+ on the lakers while guarding shaq…

5 Likes

Troll? There is a reason why his nicknamed mr fundamental… he has mastered the core fundamentals of basketball and is literally unstoppable offensively and is a nightmare on defense. Go watch how Demarcus Cousins was humiliated by a super old Duncan. Prime Duncan was unguardable.

Probably a kid that never watched him play. Highlights dont do this guy enough justice cos his not a flashy player

The big fundamental
Says it all…

1 Like

Such a bad take he united 2kg lol

11 Likes

KG, Malone and Sheed would be higher imo. Imagine prime Sheed at the Spurs! Drool fucking drool

Rasheed wallace? :joy::joy::joy: oh my. Stop. Rasheed wallace is nowhere near as skilled as duncan.

5 Likes

No way he just said rasheed

3 Likes

Theres video and statistical evidence of other power forwards in his era playing worse in the Spurs system?

rofl Sheed? You have no clue if you comparing him with Duncan, they are leagues apart in skill.

Here’s Duncan giving Sheed and DPOTY Ben Wallace that work for an entire series, a lot of it in iso. But yeah Sheed clearly better :man_facepalming:t5:

6 Likes

No there is statiscal and video evidence of him being more than just a “system” player which is how youre making him out to be. You have no basis for this bad take at all.

Is that prime Sheed? Nope. Did that Sheed get the luxury of developing his game in the Spurs system? Also nope