This is just the beginning

This is just the beginning

So pg auctionable luka has came whose basically identical to the first diamond Luka but I gathered 2 things from this
First remember this game doesn’t care how much mt you wasted to lock in a set, same Luka is now auction able
2, the oop starts now, them releasing Luka will open the gates of other players starting to play out of position, leading to a promo I feel will be out this year simply called out of position that will give people a pg ak47…

Food for thought about locking sets or overpaying for cards

4 Likes

I mean a bunch of ppl were crying about position lock anyway so it don’t even matter there will be an affordable one for everyone soon so it will all be the same

2 Likes

Dear ismith111

I get that warning, but some of us play the game all year round. Not all of us are “min/max” players that save everything until the end game. Some of us want to have fun now. If we always save our tokens and MT for better cards down the road, before we know it NBA2K21 will be out and we will have all these useless tokens and MT points.

I just don’t get this line of reasoning. 2K will ALWAYS release better cards… that’s how they sell packs. When do we lock? January? March? When PG Shaq that can speed boost comes out? By then the mode is a joke anyways. I prefer to lock sets and have my fun now before we get pink diamond Issac Bongas.

My food for thought about locking sets or overpaying for cards is… have fun! Do what you want to do and enjoy your cards!

Love,

Rudy Gobert

13 Likes

Preach!

1 Like

Having this mentality in 2K19 cost me 850k on GO MJ.

3 Likes

this is weak af

Just remember this next time they release a pd lebron at sf/pf that if you pay a fortune for it you will be sincerely let down when a pg pd lebron comes out 2 weeks later. None of these should be a surprise anymore and people who are locking sets should know how quickly all that Mt they spent will get devalued.

1 Like

It’s more like a warning for new ppl, I’ve been on the forums since 17 I know how this works which is why I have nothing locked in really or choose to use shiny cards when I now get rewarded for knowing my players releases… ppl can say they wanna try a card but until they buy a signature card for a mill then the next day There’s a locker code and his worth is now 30k they should prolly listen to ppl suggesting things like that or just lose out on mt

5 Likes

I remember when I locked in that expensive ass B Roy last year early in the year for a PD Moses Malone. I think I used that B Roy like 3 times but atleast I got a good bit of mileage out of Malone and Jermaine O’Neal lol shit still haunts me

1 Like

The people against position locks called this. Myself and others.

PG Bron, PG Simmons and PG Harden coming soon. Real soon.

5 Likes

It was pretty obvious, wasn’t it? Here we go!

1 Like

Those dudes acutely play some PG, they should have cards that can play PG. We all know we’re getting a prime Magic. Don’t see no issue because you’ll have counters to Magic and won’t be forced to use the same card.

1 Like

I know all of that. My point was we have to pay for oop this year. That’s the issue.

2 Likes

Yeah but it’s so early to kill position locks
You can have 4 effective SF’s as 1-4 now with PG, Giannis, and Luka and pick you 4th

2 Likes

It opens the door… trust me if people are ripping those packs more they will notice and jump on it

Zion scored all over you in the pre season Rudy. When he comes back you’re on notice.

3 Likes

That was my main objection, along with them just using pos lock as a way to sell more packs by just updating the secondary pos.

1 Like

You’d think restricting badges and position lock would improve integrity of gameplay, however, in reality it simply increases 2ks ability to manipulate pack sales. Plain and simple. Profits > gameplay will always persist unless there is legitimate competition from live or another nba affiliated basketball game.

I mean let’s be real… unless you were bored and have like a mill mt no one ripped those legacy packs lol

guess it times to fire that magic card up

3 Likes