The Truth Was Way Worse | Eddy Curry

The Truth Was Way Worse | Eddy Curry

Man, saw this article posted on the Knicks subreddit today. I never knew anything about Eddy Curry’s life, other than the fact he was a bust, and had money problems.

Jesus, this is definitely one of the most heartbreaking Player Tribune articles I’ve ever read.

6 Likes

I gotta read this. Maybe I’ll feel bad about calling him a fat waste of money, I remember this dude being parked on the Knicks bench. Cant believe hes only 37 too

1 Like

Yeah I’ve said my fair share of mean things about “fat eddy”.

“The Truth Was Way Worse” is about as perfect a title for this piece as you can get.

The eddy curry line

When you average more turnovers than assists, steals, and blocks combined.

Fucking sad story tho. “sometimes all money does is buy you a nicer funeral”

Sad stuff

1 Like

I remember way back first seeing him on Preps Chicago hoops show with Will Bynum, and Sean Dockery. He was supposed to be the next Shaq.

Last time I seen he he was jumping up and down as Miami was about to win the chip.

Meanwhile Tyson Chandler is still in the NBA. Crazy story Ill check it out.

2 Likes

Definitely a sad read. I do feel bad for the man

1 Like

Good for him, I’m so happy he is at peace and enjoying being a father. The tragedies, some self-inflicted, are nonetheless heartbreaking.

2 Likes

damn that was fucked up

1 Like

Inspiring article. And a good lesson not to judge someone who you don’t know.

1 Like

Wow what an article

1 Like

Lamarcus aldridge kill Eddy Curry dream or career

I was a big curry fan back in the day when I was younger. Being a Knicks fan and having the same last name just added to it. I never hated on the guy, just always hoped for him to erupt into what he was projected to be.

I knew about his kid / baby mama being murdered, so I knew he had a bout with tribulations, but nothing to this magnitude. Just like others have said, you don’t know someone until you truly “know” them. Glad he and his wife are in a much better space.

2 Likes