Starting up help

Don’t really want to grind through domination to play Unlimited (at least yet). I have 25k MT. Is it feasible to only play Triple Threat and be competitive without grinding domination and still gain a lot of tokens and MT to improve for triple threat? Sorry I’ve been out of the loop with all the info

Very possible to be competitive in triple threat with 25k. I use the free Lebron, Emerald Markannen and free Emerald Peterson and win 90%. Even in unlimited you can field a decent team with 25k. This year and especially right now, your skill level will be more important than your players as long as you have some Emerald and Sapphires.

2 Likes

Use free Giannis hes probably the cheesiest card out there. When his takeover initiates, and u have all that space in 3v3, its dunk city.

1 Like

I was planning on getting Wall, and using Giannis. Would Beal be a good 3rd player with the duo? Or another player like Tatum etc?

1 Like

Beal is a solid card. He has been very consistent for me

Though i find the most success i have in trip-threat is using a pg and then 2 larger wings (pref one that can guard a true pf/c type). If you use Giannis he will help you there, though defs look at someone that can spread the floor too. Tatum or Hayward and even Sam Perkins have all been effective for me

2 Likes

Of ur offline use 2 bigs and Giannis so u can match up and abuse small guards… online maybe Giannis and lebron if u have the free lebron and a big like Gobert or Gasol (can hit middies too). if u dont got Lebron then use any other slasher.

In case it matters to you, I sold almost everything I drew from Domination for around 100K. Maybe not possible to get that much any more, maybe it is. But the point is that, if it’s a matter of preference, take that into consideration.

There’s also the Tokens you get along the way, which I think will get you a good way into the Sapphire Rewards. And Eaton. And the stuff from next two Doms.

Takes a ton of time, of course. And maybe not worth it to you. Just want to make sure you know what is rough ceiling of what you can get.

1 Like

I agree. everyone should at least do some dom for easy tokens.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve always played Dom and a ton of myteam in years past, I just don’t have as much time to play this year and will be playing more casually most likely

1 Like

U get 98 tokens via first dom. just keep that in mind if you ever decide to do it

1 Like

Makes sense.

Unless you’re really good at it, my general sense is that grinding for what you want to get for Unlimited, through 3Play, is going to take at least as long.

I pinned a couple threads globally to advise on startup strategy and there are various ways to do it, and different priorities. But I stand by my recommendation to Unlock AH and Grind Domination.

1 Like

Yeah I unlocked AH, I definitely will probably play domination eventually and get into Unlimited but for now I like triple threat because the games are quicker and will probably only be playing that. Thank you for your help man

Sure thing, have fun. If you enjoy 3Play, then that’s reason enough. And there are rewards, so good luck with the grind.

1 Like

If u can, try to win a bunch of bids for like 350MT, and get the 100 cards to unlock sapphire Gibson and then maybe sell them back. Hes a lethal shooter and he can dunk.

1 Like

I may try that

u should, this gameplay relies more on plays and youre not gonna find many players with a better open 3 rating than him. Also if u ever get into sapphire market, Bol is glitchy af just slow and Heard reminds me of last yrs amy haywood, dunks strong and often. Good luck bro

1 Like