Show these kids the 80s

Show these kids the 80s

Here is my contribution

Nothing is more 80s than this.

7 Likes

Also, the 80s women used so much hair product they blew a hole in our atmosphere.

UNPARALLELED

7 Likes

A good part of my childhood was watching my mom go through bottle after bottle of Aqua Net. I will never forget the smell of that stuff.

1 Like

As if!

1 Like

Lol I wasn’t born anywhere near the 80s but I love 80s movies and music. Seemed like a great era

@Petravork

https://giphy.com/gifs/dance-fat-goonies-hTIZj9fU0IfIY

7 Likes

:goat:

AC_SY400

4 Likes
4 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

Remember the movie? That shit was kinda disturbing haha

1 Like

Can’t forget about Max Headroom.

4 Likes

I give up! I can’t figure out posting gifs.

Insert Christmas Vacation gif here! :laughing:

1 Like

5 Likes

You’re welcome. The 80’s in one single music video.

5 Likes
3 Likes

These were two of the more “simple joys” of my 80s childhood.

Cadaco’s All Star Baseball simulator/board game and the first generation of WWF action figures.

The baseball game had these circular cards that you would insert into the card-slot and then you would flick the little spinner and see where it landed.

Each card had numbers around the outside that represented the players specific stats and their strengths/weaknesses… you would look at where the spinner landed to determine the outcome of your hitter.

I could nerd out and play that game for days with my next door neighbor and remember some epic games that went deep into extra innings, just praying for a Mike Schmidt or Don Mattingly homerun.

The WWF figures need no explanation… the ring alone was my pride and joy, with its bouncy ropes and turnbuckles.

For a while, my WWF ring was the most important thing to me in the entire world.

The figurines got better every couple of years as Hasbro started making them and they had moveable arms and could somewhat replicate their signature moves. They even made the steel cage to cover the outside of the ring… I lost my mind when I got the cage for my birthday.

But those first WWF figures were hard rubber rather than being plastic… they were super sturdy and could take a beating.

I remember being so mad at Andre The Giant IRL that my friend and I tried to blow him up with M80’s and it didn’t work.

We then tried to light him on fire but he simply refused to burn and be defeated.

I distinctly remember getting in trouble when my mom saw Andre The Giant’s charred face and torso… I tried to lie my way out of what I had done, and I got the big talk about not playing with fire that day.

About a month later I would really learn a lesson about fire when I had “hid” one of my GI Joe’s (Hawk, precisely) mounted inside a table side lamp in our living room.

I was playing “war” with my Joe’s and would have them strategically placed for battle.

One thing led to another and I started doing something else… but I left Hawk in his battle position up inside the lamp.

Well, Hawk ended up melting and unlike Andre the Giant, the GI Joe definitely caught on fire.

The fire essentially erupted really quickly and burned the lamp shade, which then caught the couch on fire beside it.

Before you knew it, half of the living room was on fire and flames were blazing… about a third of my childhood house ended up burning that day.

It was pretty bad, lol… but no one was hurt.

We had to move out of our house and stayed with relatives for almost two months. It was a big mess. Fucking GI Joe, man.

To this day, I don’t mess around with fire and I’m really cautious anytime I see something burning or looking like it might explode.

What can I say… the 80s were magical.

5 Likes