Relatively undiscussed gameplay issue

Remember at the start of 18 when the devs came out and said ‘If you try and pass out of a shot, it won’t go well’ or something along those lines? One of the bullshit things that has happened with these stupid OP cards is that there is almost no consequence for passing out of a shot! I’m so sick of playing perfect defense, forcing a contested shot only for them to wildly pass out of a shot and it be a perfect pass to a team mate where they can try again. It’s fucking bullshit. I know we’ve all heard it and said it before but this game takes NO skill or basketball IQ to win…

5 Likes

Ho yup pass out of a shot when your defender closes out and he gets rewarded cause your guys are now scrambling…

4 Likes

Legit one of the most frustrating issues in the game! I try and play solid D and on ball 90% of the time (only change to shut a play down i can see happening) and like you said lock them down only for them to force a pass out of a shot with 2secs to go on the shot clock and its like a HOF dimer pass :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: shit makes me rage

2 Likes

There should only be a handful of Players, mostly Guards that should be able to do this. Not Bigs like Wilt and Duncan loll

I don’t really play like that, and only do such a thing when driving into traffic and kicking out midair depending on the contest via a guy like 98 CP3 or another A1 playmaker. Which results in a beautiful assist more times than not. However, it’s bullshit when these turbo drive kick guys do this bullshit when there futile attempts are heavily contested, and it’s a perfect pass over and over. I miss playing with lower tiered cards. PnP is the shit. I love draftinf emerald Fox and guys like gold Zach Lavine. It’s just far more realistic.

3 Likes

You know what else is fucked up? Everyone having 99 stamina… people just running the same 5 for a whole half or a whole game with no consequence is so fucking trash.

5 Likes

I hate it when my opponent has diamond Shaq, passes to him in the corner, thinks it’s someone else, goes up for the shot, realizes it’s Shaq and gives a perfect pass to Kobe or someone who is not guarded tightly enough anymore for an open three. Total bull ish.

2 Likes

He’s probably got gold dimer tho haha that’s why badges are ridiculous aswell