PSA: 6 of the 9 W11 moments cards have broken secondary positions (cannot start game) including reward Jokic

PSA: 6 of the 9 W11 moments cards have broken secondary positions (cannot start game) including reward Jokic

Update 2:

The issue appears to have been resolved. Jokic can now start at PF. I haven’t tried the others yet but I would assume they have also been fixed. Thanks 2K.

Update 1:

After further testing I can confirm that 6 of the 9 cards from the latest moments set have broken secondary positions (cause “lineup does not meet requirements” error). You cannot enter a game with these players starting at their secondary position.

PD Nikola Jokic cannot start at PF
D Chris Paul cannot start at SG
A Myles Turner cannot start at PF
A Tristan Thompson cannot start at PF
R Darius Garland cannot start at SG
R Ish Smith cannot start at SG

Only Tatum, Kuzma, Anthony are fine.

Please fix this 2K.

Anyone else getting this?

Try putting the new moments reward Jokic at starting PF then entering a game. An error appears for me that “the lineup does not meet the requirements” but there are no requirements. Moving him onto the bench gets me past the error and then substituting him in at PF is allowed. Doesn’t seem to matter which game I enter. Have tried multiple different offline challenges.

1 Like

Try deleting the lineup and make it again

1 Like

Deleted my lineups and made it again. Still the same error. Moving Jokic from starting PF to bench gets around the error. Anyone else getting this or just me? I’m on Xbox. Maybe think twice if planning on playing Jokic at PF now or in the future before locking in for him.

Probably just an glitch that should be patched within the week. I can imagine lots of people are having this issue, so it should be okay in a day or two.

I had the same problem earlier this year with a player that would cause errors because he wasn’t in his primary position and eventually it got fixed.

1 Like

Hopefully 2K notice and are able to resolve it.

My guess is they only changed the card picture to PF/C but forgot to change Jokics actual eligibility. They’ll have it fixed

Who you playing him next to?

2 Likes

Feel like starting Jokic at the 4 wouldn’t be that effective. PD Giannis can guard him but he can’t guard Giannis. I guess you could put your 5 on him if it’s russell or Hakeem but I’d want those guys rim protecting more. Let me know if it’s effective for you though

1 Like

Seems to be something like that. About to put in a ticket but just wanting to confirm it’s not just me first.

NBA 2K20 (2)

NBA 2K20

Just got a reply from 2K.

“Hey there,
Thanks for contacting 2K Support!
I’m very sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with your lineup.
Please try attempting to shift the position of your lineup so that the Primary Position is being used by your MyTeam Player(s).
If you are still experiencing issues, please provide a screenshot of your lineup when you encountered the error.
Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please include them in your response.
Take care,”

2k support is delusional. Bugging them on Twitter seems to be the only way things get done

1 Like

Can he play PF in game? like substitutions?

Just go ahead and sit back and relax, we are aware and will get onto it by March.

Regards 2K Support

4 Likes

He can play at PF if you sub him in from the bench but cannot start at PF entering in the game. A “lineup does not meet requirements” message will prevent you from continuing.

2 Likes

Sapphire Simmons is supposed to be a SF/PF and I remember not being able to sub him in at PF. And that was just a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

Update:

After further testing I can confirm that 6 of the 9 cards from the latest moments set have broken secondary positions (cause “lineup does not meet requirements” error). You cannot enter a game with these players starting at their secondary position.

PD Nikola Jokic cannot start at PF
D Chris Paul cannot start at SG
A Myles Turner cannot start at PF
A Tristan Thompson cannot start at PF
R Darius Garland cannot start at SG
R Ish Smith cannot start at SG

Only Tatum, Kuzma, Anthony are fine.

Please fix this 2K.

1 Like

Can you sub Jokic in at PF at the loading screen before the game starts?

Good question but I am not aware of any lineup options during the loading screen. I just tried to test it and couldn’t see anything. Is that online games only?

Nah, on PS4 you just hit the Options button and you can make subs before the game starts

Just tried it again. No options to change lineup during loading screen, at least for me on Xbox entering into offline games. Tried pressing the options button and every other button I could try. I guess that would probably work though seen subbing him in works. Hopefully 2K just fix it though.

This only works going into Online games or Domination for offline, pretty sure all other modes lock you out of lineup changes in the loading screen for some reason.

1 Like