Post Malone covers Nirvana

I’m old enough to have lived through the Nirvana years. Kurt Cobain was a very talented person with a bright future.

Nirvana is one of the hardest bands to cover. Their songs are sort of simple, but the way Cobain and the rest of the band put them together, it’s actually very hard to capture their same sound.

This is the best cover I’ve ever heard. I’m shocked it came from a Hip Hop / R & B artist.

This guy is extremely talented. And he just gained a massive new audience. I want to hear a rock album from him. Props to Travis Barker on the drums too. Sounded just like Dave Grohl and didn’t change anything.

Phenomenal.

8 Likes

Yeah Post Malone is mad underrated. This is why you can’t label everyone a rapper. Some people are just music artists

1 Like

He’s definitely more experimental than hip hop

I see his talents as well! Let’s see this cover now

1 Like

Most important thing I forgot to mention. This was a charity concert for Covid-19. Raised over 4 million dollars so far!!

1 Like

wish he played “smells like teen spirit”

1 Like

The most “Nirvana” thing he did was not play that song. Kurt hated it.

Post Malone couldn’t have done this any better. Just watched it again. Fucking goosebumps. He covered some songs like “Lounge Act” that no one has ever been able to cover right and he killed it.

3 Likes

insane talent
1 Like

NGL I still bump this shit

4 Likes

‘I need that ring like I never won’

Damn

1 Like

I’ve been on Post Malone and trust…a rock album is coming. He used his rap and R&B talent to build his fan base to be able to drop his rock album later. Smart guy!

1 Like

I can’t believe how well these guys sounded together. Fucking insane.

The kids thought that Post Malone discovered fucking Ozzy Osbourne and put him on when this song first came out. Can’t believe so many people didn’t know who Ozzy was. :pensive:

2 Likes

still waiting for zeppelin to announce one last concert :frowning:

1 Like

Starting off with francis farmer will have her revenge…sold

1 Like

I thought Post Malone was the shit in the early days. For me he fell off a 100mile cliff. As one shallow radio single followed after the other.
I also think he is probably to most overhyped act in hip hop. At least in Europe.
I am not saying he isn’t talented, I just think the music he put out as of late is horrible.

1 Like

This mans range is insane he can make any type of music and id listen

1 Like

I grew up a diehard Nirvana fan. He kills it, like how’s he’s doing lesser known songs

1 Like

We need more of this type of music in 2k…Really really badly.

I understand the grunge/metal/rock/alt is not “basketball music”, but it’s so freaking creative compared to what the mainstream force feeds us. 80’s, 90’s, & early '00s blows away this past decade & a half away so bad.

1 Like

I stopped listening to 2K music (or any game’s music for that matter) years ago. Just get your own playlist going, it makes playing the game so much more enjoyable tbh

3 Likes