Players today that are in the wrong decade

Players today that are in the wrong decade

We often talk about players in the past that would have been great in today’s game, but what about players now that aren’t that great but would be a bigger deal in the past?

Maybe someone like Jalil Okafor whose post game probably would have made him a decent scorer in the past. Or maybe Demar Derozan would have been a super star when the mid range was a bigger part of the NBA game. What do you guys think?

Giannis would have been unstoppable

Capela. Drummond.

2 Likes

I think he’s saying players who are overlooked in today’s game but would have been superstars in a different era. Giannis is certainly not overlooked. lol

2 Likes

Analytics took away the last 5 or so years of Carmelo’s dominance

2 Likes

Andre Drummond

2 Likes

someone like a kyle lowry and chris paul back then would be a great defender and great passers

I was gonna say Rubio might have been an All Star in the 80’s

6 Likes

Steven Adams would be a perfect 80s-90s center. My pick though is Demar Derozan. He would have been a demigod in any other era, insane athleticism, good defense, and he’s 6’7. Unfortunately the 3 pointer is so important today he is overlooked

6 Likes

Short weak guys with a ton of skill were huge a few decades ago and are pretty rare now: so guys like Jimmer and Lin?

1 Like

Embiid would of been the greatest of all time if he played in the 50s

4 Likes

Steph curry

They are great this day in age too :slight_smile: their style transcends

They play the right way

U put Stockton in the league he rips it up

2 Likes

AK47 might have been a max Draymond type player today

5 Likes

I don’t think it’s comparable. We’re seeing bigs today with way more freedom. I think it has allowed them to develop their ball handling skills to be on par with some guards. That being said. If Giannis played in earlier years he probably wouldn’t be the player he is today because his time would have went to developing his post game. A player that size running an offense would have been unheard of and considered bad basketball.

I just wanna see how Harden would avg 35 ppg with hand checking, along with good fellas as Pip, Glove, Dumars, Laimbeer, Rodman, Dikembe, Zo… Even McHale and Larry… This is disgusting!

2 Likes

Defenders back then were allowed to use their hands more too. Stopping lebron and Giannis on the drive is almost impossible today because everything is a foul

2 Likes

Uh oh, people saying something remotely negative about James Harden…

Knezius incoming in 5, 4, 3…

4 Likes

May not be the most popular opinion but I think 90% of the league is more athletic than 90% of the league 20 years ago

For sure. The league is way more athletic now