Off Topic Guitar Question. Opinions Needed!

Off Topic Guitar Question. Opinions Needed!

99% sure i’m gonna get this guitar for my birthday.Don’t know how I feel about the colors but damn does she sound good. What do you guys think? Just want some opinions. Here’s the link: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TeleJPDrgn--fender-jimmy-page-telecaster-natural-with-artwork

4 Likes

The colours arent for me but definitely seen a lot worse lol

Maybe put the word guitar in your subject heading. Im sure there are a few musos here that can give you some advice

2 Likes

My last resort would be to repaint it but I doubt i’ll do that. It’s tone is really nice though

2 Likes

Nice Guitar. I prefer Darker Colors Though.

2 Likes

If its that nice do you really mind too much how it looks? As long as you dont hate it!

1 Like

Yeah man, I love how it sounds but the color is kinda meh. There’s a white version that looks clean as hell but it’s 800 bucks more lol.

1 Like

I like it. How it sounds > looks imo anyhow. A guitar that inspires you to pick it up and play it constantly is a good guitar. Happy Birthday!

3 Likes

Hey there. Been playing guitar for many years now and I have quite a few.

I see a lot of talk abt the color… but is it really all you are thinking abt? I think you should do a blind test. Test out a few guitar and just buy the one that feels the nicest. Color can be changed and it’s just a little thing compared to the sound

Why this guitar tho? Why this sound? Have you thought abt other guitars?

1 Like

You could put cheap stickers around it.

2 Likes

That thing is pretty sweet and I actually like the colors. I’ve always really liked how versatile Tele’s are.

1 Like

I know this isn’t a great thing to say on a US forum but I’ll say it.

I have had Americans strats and teles, including one custom shop but I also have had Japanese series. Japanese series are very rare, but honestly, if you can get hold of one, try it out and you won’t regret it.
The sad thing is that for most of US Fenders, you are gonna pay the sticker “Made in USA”.
I prefer the US culture to the Japs culture for some other reasons due to some background with my grandfathers and great grandfathers during the war but that’s something else LOL
Nothing will equal a US Custom Shop Fender but if you look into American “normal” Fenders or signature models, quite often a Japanese will be cheaper and actually be better.

Those guitars are actually kept for the Asian market but they send from time to time some around the world and usually everyone jumps on them.

That’s only my little bit of advice. Currently owning, 6 guitars, my favorite is a Japanese Strat followed closely by a Japanese Tele.
The quality is just too good, the sound is amazing and they are cheaper!

Last option, as they are cheaper, you can always buy a Japanese and change pickups on there and make it your personal guitar :slight_smile:

It’s all a bit muddled thoughts all over the place, but I hope it explains.

2 Likes

Hmm my preference is if you like the sound, then buy whatever you like. But for me im thinking on selling my gibson for a fender strat because they feel awesome to play. There was an amazing usa model i played recently that was red but its older and it sounds and felt great to play. I think do what you prefer but try a few more out before making your choice.

2 Likes

The Clapton strat was my second choice

Whats it look like? Is it a black strat or white?

I will also say, I have nothing against my Gibson at all, I love it, but purchasing it made me realize something, I love Fenders over Gibson for Electric. Never did play a Les Paul though they seem too heavy to me, but my SG is light as can be really. I gotta get some strings for it but rn I’m playing my J-35 Gibson so I’m good for a while lol

1 Like

I had a signature Clapton strat but that boost thing really turned me off. It’s so much specific to one sound that you can’t make anything different

2 Likes

Grey red black white, it comes in a ton of diff colors

1 Like