New Zealand time zone Early access (Xbox only)

My boy asked me if I was switching my time zone on Xbox to New Zealand to play the game early I know this worked for several other games with Australia time zones and all of that but I have never tried it ? If anyone had prior knowledge to this can you let me know if 2k allow you to play it before in a different time zone

It’s different every 2k and you take the risk of being stuck on that server on your account if you do it from what I’ve read.

3 Likes

You can switch but I think the time of the game release is related to your ps store country

1 Like

What would be so bad on being on a different country server tho ? curious

I assume it would be laggy? Again I’m not 100% on any of this but just from what I’ve read here and elsewhere

1 Like

Yeah ofc I understand it’s all a risk I just wanted to know if it would work I can careless to try it for 21 but I have tried w a previous 2k and it didn’t work for me

I think it worked either two or three ago but not the last one

1 Like

Since the New Zealand servers and Australian are the same theres no reason i shouldnt try get the nz version? (im australian)

1 Like

Yeah there’s no point y’all get it earlier then we do

It’s literally a couple days away, just be patient lol

It just worked for Madden 21 but only on xbox. Lets cross our fingers it works for 2k21. I don’t think you will get stuck on NZ servers unless u buy the game through the NZ store on an NZ account.

2 Likes

Coming from an Aussie. Trust me, you don’t want to be stuck on our servers.

Just wait the extra day.

6 Likes

It’s never worth it but for some reason people can’t wait for 8 hours for the game to be out in their own time zone

Why not? In Madden I switched to NZ by simply changing location and restarting Xbox, if it’s same for 2k I don’t see why not.

2 Likes

Never seemed like worth the trouble for me. I’ll just play it when it releases in my country. If we were talking about a month early that would be different. Only seems worth it if you are youtuber and want to upload the first NBA 2k videos of the year.

How would you change from Australia to New Zealand for ps4?

It won’t work. The only thing that matters with 2K is the region that you purchased the game in. If you wanna play early, just buy the game through AU/NZ store

1 Like

Don’t you also have the risk of staying in that region if you do that?

From my experience, you get assigned to a server through your internet provider. The game chooses the lowest ping server. Region has nothing to do with it

2 Likes

Well it worked in 2k19 and did not work in 2k20. It also worked for Madden in 19, but not 20 and worked in 21. What you say makes sense, but you never know, maybe. Just for the fact it worked for Madden this year gives me some hope.

3 Likes