New member can’t create topics/send messages

Can a mod explain in this thread as to what the user needs to do in order to send messages and reply to posts in threads, etc.
Thanks guys.

@Ryan

2 Likes

Be active and wait a couple of days. It’s so the thread doesn’t get spammed like 2kmt, I’m sure.

1 Like

There are limitations to what new users can do. It’s a safe guard to prevent new users from spamming the forum in the event it happens.

1 Like

So basically he just has to wait a few days?

1 Like

Something like that. I don’t know the exact period of time, but a brand-new account definitely cannot make posts/replies.

2 Likes

Limitations are lifted becoming a ‘basic’ member after a 24 hour period I do believe. New users can complete the interactive ‘new user tutorial’ and actually become 'certified’ in that timeframe.

1 Like

Appreciate it guys

If what @Ryan says is right, then encourage your friend to do the tutorial, @Awanz.

Now that I think of it, I think he’s right. I’m pretty sure I did the tutorial off the Discobot PM as soon as I got it, and I do not recall ever not being able to post/reply.

^ this.

I think of you do the tutorial you will get to post without a 24hr delay, but you will be limited to the number of replies you can do I believe. The tutorial is super helpful and I encourage every new member to go through it. It’ll make your forum-life easier

Ah, yes. I think there’s like a 10 post limit for 48 hours or something along those lines.

And I agree with @dna2K: everyone should do the tutorial to understand how the forum markup works, and what controls are available.

1 Like

Want to link your helpful walkthrough @HarryLundt?

Walkthrough? You mean the new user tutorial? That’s just a PM that the Discobot sends all users when they create a new account, right? Just have to go to one’s PM’s and follow the instructions.