Music Suggestions

Been diving very deep into the rock/metal genre recently. Which is what I’ve been currently looking into so please stick to suggestions within that genre and sub-genres :slight_smile:

Others feel free to ask for your own personal suggestions as well if it encapsulates other genres… Anywho.

I’ve already got a pretty diverse listening palette, but would love some suggestions from anyone who has some. I’m pretty into all forms of rock and metal, but with the genre there are so many eras, and bands that exist its hard to really cover EVERY artist, even the new ones. I particularly love exquisite guitar playing, solo-ing being one of, if not, my favorite aspect of the genre.

Vocals are spotty as long as it’s understandable for the MOST part, bands like Burzum, Cannibal Corpse and the horrorcore side of metal aren’t as interesting to me imo, but I’m sure there’s some black/death metal bands out there that are nice :slight_smile:

As for instruments outside of guitar, I’m fine with them at any volume, or level of importance.

Feel free to throw any suggestions, and feel free to ask others on here for different suggestions as well! Shid I might have some for you myself, as I said before, I’m already pretty deep into the genre but there’s always something I haven’t heard yet.

1 Like

what decades of rock/metal do you like

Any and all brodie, I love music in general and would love to hear anything.

Greta Van Vleet is on my to-listen list
I’ve checked out Ghost, they’re pretty cool
as far mid 00s I can’t think of any?

But Pantera I need to hear more of, but I’ve liked what I’ve heard, and I just recently finished listening through EVERY single Sabbath album, uhh there’s a lot more that would be a pain to type out, and read.

1 Like

ultimate recommendation for greta van fleet. safari song is awesome, so is the rest of from the fires.

1 Like

Nice I’ve heard they’ve drawn some serious comparisons to Robert Plant and Led Zeppelin, which is… uh, pretty insane to make a comparison to. Do they live up to that, like even remotely?

1 Like

josh kizka (lead singer for gvf) has the exact same type of voice as robert plant. plant probably has the better vocals slightly but zeppelin is a great comparison. i dont think they have quite the resume or “epic-ness” of zeppelin tho

1 Like

Ah yeah, the whole band is brothers if I’m not mistaken? except their drummer or somethin, I saw them on SNL one time. Definitely will take a note of them, if you got any other bands let me know :slight_smile:
Thanks!

1 Like

You listen to Uzi or Pop Smoke?

I like enter shikari

Might be far off from what you like or you might like it, their style changes from album to album

Killswitch engage?

One of my favorites is chiodos

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Knocked loose
Code Orange
Seeyouspacecowboy

1 Like
1 Like

I’ll try anything bro, I’ll check em out and let you know :slight_smile:

On a Judas Priest marathon rn haha