Mlb the show 21 (PlayStation +Xbox)

New game new year discussion, tips , Ideas , strategy feel free to discuss :baseball:.

3 Likes

Let’s goooooo

2 Likes

I told myself i wasnt gonna preorder the show this year but im already tired of 2ks bullshit and cant wait to start some new conquest maps.

I did learn a couple things from playing last year. Im not playing more than 1 march to october this year since its super easy to get stubs. I was able to lock for trout and mantle, exchanged my way through all of the team affinities and still had over 3 million stubs.

1 Like

I like 2k but it gets too unrealistic from this point out. I am glad I am switching to DD and the grind starts over. It loses its fun when everyone has 99 overall Demi gods

1 Like

Yeah can’t wait for MLB the show I’ll be switching over 100%

As an Xbox lifer I cannot wait to get to play The Show for the first time. Heard nothing but good things about DD.

2 Likes

You gonna like it bro it’s awesome it IMO has the best free content you can earn/grind of any sport title out . Cards you grind for also stay relevant for way longer / all year round it’s way different from 2k . Don’t have to spend a dime to grind for a end game squad, but the option is always there if you wanna buy currency straight up with $$ .

3 Likes

Sounds like such a breath of fresh air!

Is there something similar to 2KDB or MUTHead where I can browse this years cards and get a feel for what may be in store for?

1 Like

Mlb the show . Net you can search for cards stats on there see the market place buy cards and there’s even a forum on there .

1 Like

Beautiful. Thanks!

1 Like

This. I’m pumped. Cannot wait to ditch this shit bag 2k, and the majority of the community along with it.

2 Likes

Is this a game, for someone who knows the rules, played some baseball games in the 90ies… Just for fun a bit, otherwise don’t know much about stars, the players, what rating has what importance and so on?
Basically, is this a game for a beginner? Like me?
I’m a gamer since 86, that’s not the problem. It’s just, I don’t know anything about people, the league and anything else

They implemented a beginner Lvl for people who are new to the game and need to get in the grove of things . It’s mostly for the Xbox peeps but I’m sure it will teach you guys all you need to learn/know about the game/baseball . You should be fine if you ever need tips or help ask away someone on here will help me included :+1:.

1 Like

To add on this. Not only do you not have to spend any $ to have a squad with high names, the early big name cards you get (Mantle etc) will be playable in the endgame too. No need to worry that that cards you spent a ton of time on will be replaced in a month.

5 Likes

It’s almost time for me to sit in showdowns and get every face of the franchise off rip and prey I pull a Tatis or Trout from a free pack to get the ball rolling. I’m ready B)

So… And this dd is the way to play/enjoy the game?

It’s the most popular mode by far. Their MyCareer mode is nowhere near as fleshed out as 2K’s and hasn’t been that fun to play for me at least in a while.

Like harden said it’s the most popular and addictive. Franchise can be fun to mess around with here and there too . But ones you get into DD you won’t wanna put it down and just grow your team and card collection .

2 Likes

Showdowns?

It’s a game mode on DD where you face the CPU you draft a team kinda like draft mode style (every time you beat a mission you get to draft another player and sometimes perks ) and have to score a certain amount of points before game ends also pitch and complete certain criteria’s/missions it’s fun/addictive . You can earn lots of stubs and packs from grinding it over and over again .

2 Likes