MLB The Show 20 Official Thread

MLB The Show 20 Official Thread

I dont expect there to be a MLBGamer for at least a while so until that happens (if it does) this will have to do.

What new features are you excited for most?

Lets use this thread to share any XP methods, share stub making tips, player reviews etc.

I personally am excited to see how they top 19, that was a Free 2 Play wonderland. Unbelievable how they just handed you endgame cards for just playing.

12 Likes

Need this on PC or Switch bad. Can’t wait till next year

1 Like

Gameplay changes seem solid. This will be my 3rd year playing diamond dynasty and the content difference from ‘18 to ‘19 was huge. If they keep content the same my plan is to drop $50 on packs first night (AH prices are crazy the first week for so, so packs have lotsa value) and then tackle Conquest and other offline challenges. I’ll jump into online in a couple weeks since I’m not great online. Gotta wait for the sharks to climb the ranks.

2 Likes

Said it a few days ago. Told woman I wouldn’t buy this year’s game. Think I’m going to lie and say it’s last years and just buy it.

I was hoping Lou Whitaker would make HOF so I could use him this year, but he didn’t get in. So that sucks.

Think I’m looking forward to the most is getting Babe Ruth earlier this year. The other thing is hearing 99% of the community cry about how broken the game is. The Show crowd is a hard bunch to please. As far as being “fair”, SDS is a great company. They probably make 10% of what 2k does with in game transactions. They must have a hitting engine that works. If it’s too hard, casuals won’t play and if it’s too easy, the die hards will bash the company all year.

4 Likes

Stub making tips if it’s anything like last year, is simply get through the inning programs as fast as you can and sell the rewards and buy back later. Same with the WS. If you’re good enough to make it, get the reward as early as possible, sell and buy back later. I made millions last year doing that.

4 Likes

Do you guys think they’ll add a sign stealing feature which includes banging on trash cans

8 Likes

It better be in there, im an astros fan and i LOVE the heel turn

3 Likes

Yep. That’s the move.

The other thing is smart investing. I made millions from Felipe Vazquez before he was revealed to be a pedo… Crazy story!

3 Likes

The last two years, the first month of the game was the easiest path to the WS. Maybe it’s because it’s more people playing or something. It usually gets harder every month the game is out.

If you want WS, start grinding early.

1 Like

That shit was crazy. I had a few decent investments. Nothing crazy though.

1 Like

Xbox guys are like

3 Likes

Early plan for me is to sell most of what I get from packs and work the market. Market will be inflated so plan is to get a stack 75-100k stubs to work with. Last year I spent alot of time flipping, but finished live sets and got Honus before switching games to 2K. Gonna try to go back to back seasons no money spent.

Online league is the replacement for online franchise,and I can’t wait. I play every game mode been playing since 06. I used to be real heavy in DD (still am I but not like I used to) I’ve been a mod in moviegamingtv stream I’ve beat a couple good streamers too. I love this series

1 Like

Kind of shitty I just unlocked Honus this weekend. Good part is I didn’t start playing until August and September. I didn’t pay a penny for the game or packs. Getting him was like getting the collector level reward in 2k except it didn’t feel like I sold my soul to the devil.

Man tell me about it! I avoided ranked season for most of the year and now it’s impossible to get up there! As soon as I hit 800 points I go on a losing streak of pure RGN bullshit.

2 Likes

Getting good good swings, and it being an out more times than not was it for me.

1 Like

I can’t stand not being able to get a hit on good swings while my opponent is scoring runs out of jammed swings.

1 Like

Me after i found out i cant play till 2021 at least lol

Just fired up the show to get ready for the release. See if it’s still something I want to grind.

4 Likes

We have basically the same team lol. I prefer Bellinger in the OF though.

2 Likes