Let's all be honest about Rick Barry

We put him on our squad because Wilt gets 85 for 3, otherwise even amethyst Jimmy Butler is better

1 Like

I feel like Wilt would play even better at PF, with this duo boost. Pair him along KAJ, Hakeem, or PD D-Rob, and your interior D/rebounding is as good as theoretically possible.

1 Like

I mean, yeah I wouldn’t play him if I didn’t have Wilt, but he’s a really solid 3 and D player with better rebounding and blocks than most. His release is a little funky, but he gets way more athletic with the duo. I also like having somebody kind of unique.

1 Like

The boost only occur when both are on the court, right?

Picked up Rick for 8k BIN. Got Wilt back for 100k… Time to try this out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wilt becomes unstoppable

2 Likes

Wilt is unstoppable with 85 open 3.

1 Like

Wilt was a phenomenal 3pt shooter back in the day.

6 Likes

Barry also gets some nice boosts - I have the Nike white/blue defensive shoe on him, and with the duo he gets 99 open mid-range, 99 open/contested 3, 99 lateral quickness, 89 block (!), 99 shot contest, 99 on-ball defensive IQ, 90 driving dunk, 95 acceleration, 99 hands.

You just have to add all the 3 point shooting badges, hustle rebounder, rim protector, and bruiser, and you have one of the best 3 and D players.

I actually kinda like the goofy package, he’s like a team mascot. I wish he had his ridiculous hair flopping around like Ernie McCracken from Kingpin.

6 Likes

I’m badging up Rick right now, thanks for the tips! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Defensive Stopper

1 Like

This Bill Russell and Wilt 3pt stat thing is the most ridiculous thing 2k has ever done with this game. I mean ok, give them a 60 three ball max. So that you have a chance to beat the clock with em. But 85? It’s almost as good as diamond Cousins’ and Cousin is one of the best 3pt shooting centers in NBA history.

Yeah, you’re right - I skipped limitless range and added defensive stopper instead. Others would probably skip bruiser, but I only take kickout 3s basically.

1 Like

Just dropped Cousins for Wilt+Rick lol I did the math and was like… ummm… :slight_smile:

Welp, Ricky Barry is so bad, I don’t think this is worth it. My god what a terrible player. Slow, clunky, constantly lost on offense AND defense. Jesus!

1 Like

I use him only for Wilt. He never gets the ball to lead offense. He is bad

1 Like

I wasn’t even lading the offense with him and honestly Wilt still was 33% from 3 with the boost. Looking pointless to me!

Wilt went from 20% to 100% at 3 with me

1 Like

Off to game 2 for a larger sample size… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I played 5 games and he shot 13 threes, made all