Lavar did almost all things right with Lonzo and Lamelo

but both got so ugly jumpers and are very weak driving to the hoop. Kinda sad watching Lamelo, looks like a star in the pick and roll and really good passing vision but lay ups and shooting mechanics are worse then a high schooler.

3 Likes

BBB Jumper Package

2 Likes

It’s kinda funny how lavar didn’t call out those bad mechanics when they were younger because they play the game with good ball handle and vision.

1 Like

They were probably working up until the NBA lmao.

1 Like

If lamelo is able to shoot the three somewhat efficient like at least 33% he will be a stud. I think he is solid attacking the rim from what I’ve seen him do in Australia.

It’s crazy to me how they didn’t see that those mechanics would be flawed in the next level of the game. Because lonzo got really bad eFG % because off his free throws and driving to the hoop stats.

1 Like

Yeah their only problem is literally the shooting. And they are guards.

Australia have a scrub league and he didn’t have good FG only .377% and shooting from 3 .250%. But he will evolve like any other play he just need to relearn his shooting mechanics and lay up package which would not have been necessary if he would learn them the right way from the beginning. Just like lonzo changed lot off things in his jumper and it still looks ugly.

1 Like

Agree. He was terrible shooting the ball. That’s why I believe if he can hit the 3 somewhat efficiently he will be amazing.

1 Like

Still crazy to be at this level as a guard style player and have to relearn those basic things.

That isn’t easy. I can’t think of any above average shooter who had to re learn to shoot with different mechanics.

how can they fuck up shooting fundamentals so bad when they have so much resources growing up LOL

and you are right, not just the shooting, their choices on layups that they go for are highly questionable

1 Like

If you wanna play like a guard and stay in the league as a starter that is a requirement though.

they both have negative impact on FT% as a GUARD, thats a big red flag

One went number 2, one went number 3, obviously they’re doing something right!

4 Likes

That’s not the discussion here, it is shooting mechanics and lay up package :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Fr Lonzo is one of the worst finishers I’ve ever seen

2 Likes

I think a big part of it is that kids start shooting 3s too young, they aren’t strong enough to use good form, and as a result they develop bad form.

11 Likes

Thats why parents and coaches need to step in and teach them early so the don’t get bad habits.

1 Like

This.

3 Likes