Larry Bird CRAZY Career HIGH 60 Points

I watched this video a couple days ago and I couldn’t stop thinking about it since, it’s just not perceived howmuch a player can be ahead of his time. Bird was really really special. (best SF of all-time in my opinion)

3 Likes

Fixed it

1 Like

Thanks man, never seen much of the great white buffalo! It’s crazy that McHale set the record at 56 the previous week.

2 Likes

Larry has to be my favourite player I never got to watch. Love his game!

1 Like

The craziest thing is that he did all of that in the f**king 80’s… teams didn’t think that the 3pt is a good shot and barely even practiced it.

4 Likes

Nah man, in terms of pure basketball skill, Bird is ahead of Lebron, even though Lebron had a much better career.

I am a fan of Lebron’s game (though I was a big hater before 2012-2013, when Lebron finally won a ring it really felt like a huge weight has been lifted from his shoulder and he started playing much better in his prime years) but Bird was such a filthy filthy player. His ego was off the charts, his confidence, his trash talking and I mean he is such a basketball genius. He was a lights out shooter in a period where teams would usually run one or two shooters on the floor. He could play in the low post, he was a creative finish under the basket, his passing vision and basketball IQ were almost on par with Magic Johnson. I mean the dude could have scored 50 every night without much problems. Prime Bird was monster and I am so sad his prime years were cut short by those back problems. But still, even with a bad back Bird could still play. I mean, the guy was scoring 20 a night and he literally talked about how his back was hurting him so much he couldnt walk a couple of hours before the game so he had to get treatment only for that. If he played in todays NBA, with all the load managment, terapies, programs and with a much higher tempo of basketball and much more 3 point shooting, I have no doubt Bird could shine even more.

3 Likes

Just let him have his opinion bro

Fixed it

2 Likes

Idk man. It sucks that these threads turn toxic because people get butthurt that their favorite player isn’t number one.

I haven’t sensed any toxicity

Yeah but now whenever someone makes a goat thread almost no one responds cause it gets that toxic

People often have the misconception that bird was just a shooter. Man was the complete fuckin package

5 Likes

He could almost pass like magic too

2 Likes

I wish I was around back then to watch the two of them play

1 Like

I envy fans who have been around from the 80s through today

Bird looks in this video like he came from the future, he played a completely different game from anyone else

Bird could legit do everything.

If you think about bird could average a triple double now, great passer and rebounder(av 10 per game career)

Bird was definitely special but this video wasn’t really impressive. Aa far as a scoring performance. They also Intentionally fouled so Bird could get more pts.

The highlights for me was the no look and wraparound pass.

If I was Dominique I would’ve put the paws on my teammate that was on the bench going crazy for Bird.

The most impressive thing about this game was the fact that a week before it, McHale went off with 56 points, which was a career high and also a franchise record. After the game, Bird said he should have gone for 60. The next week, Bird goes for 60 against a strong Atlanta team and breaks the franchise record again.

1 Like