Lakers 2020 NBA Champions: Offseason thread

They need some bigs

1 Like

they about to win a championship, should be the least of their worries

6 Likes

We have the best big rotation in the NBA and Cousins is coming back.

We will fire up the Lakers off season thread soon. 1 more game.

1 Like

I just feel like one of Dwight or Javale has to go being replaced by Cousins

I think they would let go of Cook or Baby Giannis first. We will see though. I think next years team will be better than this one.

This was only year 1 and it will most likely end in a ring. Now that these guys have played together with Bron and a new coaching staff I think the sky is the limit.

4 Likes

Totally agree we got scammed and free agency and had to go with like plan F and nearing a title with this roster. LeBron will decline slowly but AD will grow rapidly and lakers know their weaknesses now

1 Like

Zero cap space probably just vet mins.
Cousins wont be an Nba player again after those injuries…

1 Like

Isn’t Cousins a FA?

Nailed it. 2021 they can go crazy and write blank checks.

For this coming off season I think we go after solid 3 and D Vets.

Yes. He was let go knowing hed be brought back.

I think that they need a PG like CP3 that can takeover playmaking when Bron is on the bench, but can also be a reliable scorer and good defensively.

1 Like

He was released wasn’t he?

Imagine getting CP3 for a #4 super-sized and 2 apple pies, like they got Dwight. Dwight paid dividends like a mf against the nuggets.

CP3 has been stacking paper like an office clerk. I see him taking a massive cut to join Bron one day, but how many years are left on his contract? I don’t see him pushing for a buyout

Yup. It was a mutual wink wink release.

If he wants any rings before he retires…he better push for a buyout before he’s traded to a train wreck like the Knicks.

1 Like

Schroder (when he defends we on a good day)

He has 2 years left unless he opts out of player option (no way does he turn down $44 million on his final year of the contract).

bogdan bogdanovic would be ideal but idk…one can hope though

They just need a dependable 3rd scorer. That’s it. Someone that can always give you a bucket or at least get a good look for himself/teammates. A wing that can fill it up would be the third infinity stone on a gauntlet that only needs 3.

They technically don’t need one. I believe adding role players still makes them a favorite with Bron & AD. Never a doubt in my mind. That third infinity stone is a near death sentence for the league though.

Trade ad for siakam