Is this a fair trade?

Is this a fair trade? If doncic is available at 4
Memphis trades the 4th pick
Clippers trade 12, 13, Tobias Harris, Patrick Beverley

What about if Memphis adds in Parsons in a salary dump?

1 Like

trading way to much. I think the 12-13 and Pat Bev is more then enough. Grizz gets 2 rooks and a good starter with grit.

2 Likes

Why would Memphis want PatBev when they have Conley? They are far more in need of a good combo guard next to him.

1 Like

What about Doncic? I think he has top 5-10 player in the league potential. To me it depends who is available at 12/13 but obviously you don’t know who that will be by the 4th pick

Doncic wont be available at 4

1 Like

Idk, people are falling in love with Jaren Jackson and you never know. Look at the teams at the top of the draft, they’re known for making bad decisions lol. He shouldn’t fall lower than 2, but I could see teams botching it and let him fall

Don’t get me wrong I think Doncic is an amazing player but to say he will be top 10 in the NBA? Idk about that. He’s not explosive and is not much of a playmaker but he’s def going to be a good player.

1 Like

On the contrary he’s a fantastic playmaker, that’s arguably his best trait. I agree he’s not the most athletic but he’s no slouch in that department and he’s tremendously skilled

Pat Bev could definitely play the 2 beside Conley, good shooter and elite defender. He could just take the tougher guard matchup. Or he could be a good 6th man

Because they bought into conley and gasol duo and it’s not working. If I was the GM of the grizz I would blow it up. Gasol is not happy and his value will only go down from here. You trade away both of them for picks and you can speed up your rebuilding process easily. Mike will be incredibly hard to find a decent trade for though.

1 Like

I would definitely try to trade Mike and Marc and get whatever value you can. At this point you’re not going to win a championship with them barring a miracle, so they may as well get whatever value out of them that they can

1 Like

This is my thinking to a T. In this era you need a great foundation to make a run for a chip. The grizz literally have a bunch of unknowns playing for them and it’s sad because I love Marc. It feels like when the knicks called up a bunch of randos for a year.

1 Like

They wont trade those contracts, especially when they firstly have to get rid of Parsons.

And Memphis aint a championship or bust organization, being somewhere in the playoff contention is good enough for them and they will stay there with both of them healthy.
Gasol was pissed because of Fizdale and his totally wrong methods combined with horrible player management. He played with heart afterwards even though he was often double or triple teamed as there was noone else dangerous on the field.

1 Like

What talent can you attract by priding yourself in being an 8 seed consistently? What you mean is the grizz is in the business of making money not winning. tbh the middle pack is worst than tanking. If I was a grizz fan I would be upset that I know my team will be garbage for the next 5 years instead of tanking for 3 + a little luck and becoming a force after.

1 Like

I’d keep Conley he’s been at a consistent all star level for 3 seasons now. If he was in the east he’d have a few all star nods. Gasol is the one that needs to go. Get him to the pelicans or Boston.

1 Like

Not knocking Conley but who would he have taken the spot of in the East? Off the top of my head the east guards have been Kyrie, Wall, Lowry, IT, Beal, Derozan, Butler I think, Oladipo. I don’t think Conley would’ve knocked any of those guys out when they made it

He would’ve taken kembas spot and I’d take him above Lowry as well. I’m a fan of his so maybe I’m biased but he’s probably the best non all star pg guard in the league. Also would’ve knocked off dragic

1 Like

I don’t count Dragic since it’s an absolute travesty that he made it over Simmons. I’m not a salty Philly fan or anything :eyes:

Haha yeah that was a stitch up they got something against rookies and all star games.

1 Like

Eh people have had a grudge against the Sixers ever since we first got Hinkie with the whole tanking thing. Even though other teams do it frequently we were just up front about it lol