Is the 2020 NBA Draft as “weak” as advertised?

Long story short, so I’ve been “scouting” the 2020 NBA Draft and I will admit, in terms of “obvious star talents,” yes this draft seems “weak” at first since each of these big name prospects have their own “weaknesses.”

However, after looking at this draft closely, I’ve realized that there are possible really good/decent bench players in this draft.

Here are a few names that fit this category:

• Tyrese Maxey <- I’m 90% sure the Heat are taking this guy if he’s available
  • Saddiq Bay
  • Zeke Nnaji
  • Jalen Smith
  • Jahmi’us Ramsey

No I don’t think these guys will become stars or anything like that, but they could become really good role players or even starters for some teams in the future. This class seems more like a “fit” class than anything else

1 Like

Tyrese Maxey is a dog so him going to the Heat would be great. But yea besides Melo none of these players are getting much hype or made separation amongst their peers during the college year. Might also be because March Madness was canceled which is usually when players make their names.

3 Likes

I think that’s part of it. march madness gets even the “casuals” to tune in and see some of the players and some of the mid major players can make a name for themselves. I think this class has some sleepers Vassell and Okoro I really like and will go towards the end of the lottery.

1 Like

Agreed because I’m looking at some of these mock boards and Im shocked Maxey isn’t a lottery pick, reminds me a lot of Sexton. Dude can ball for sure.

1 Like

Huge Jahmius Ramsey fan, I think he would be projected to go a lot higher if his spotlight wasn’t shared with Davide Moretti at Texas tech. IMO he’s one of the hidden gems in this draft

1 Like

Nnaji is also a huge surprise to me, he legit can become a reliable Stretch 5 and solid/great PNR guy, he has such a smooth jumper

Yeah March Madness definitely would’ve helped a ton of guys out. I remember when Kemba came out of nowhere in that tournament, and Faried looked great against Louisville and seemed like he could’ve been the next Rodman for a minute.

1 Like

My exact comparison. I played him my Senior year of high school and he was a Freshman playing Varsity so I saw the potential early lol

1 Like

This is precisely why I want the Thunder to lose a majority of their 8 games because they’re guys like Ramsey who could be really well for us. We definitely need 2 firsts for this draft, not many Thunder fans realize this however

1 Like

Melo gets hype because of his name honestly. Zo was more impressive in college than Melo was in the NBL. Melo shot 37%, lots of times really frustrating low IQ shots. He has the size and skill set to be something, though.

But this class overall is weak. There’s no Zion/Ja/Luka in this where it was obvious the player would be good.

3 Likes

Let me put this one step further. It’s almost like there’s no clear number one option and it wouldn’t be surprising if the #1 pick is not the best player in the class.

I think Killian Hayes is heavily slept on imo and could actually become the best PG of this class. Hayes legit has a nice shot, inconsistency is the issue with his shot, amazing court vision, and is well controlled.

I like him the most out of this class personally. Some have Edwards, some have Melo, some have Obi. It truly is a mixed bag.

haven’t watched him all that much but looks like someone we could pair with SGA

1 Like

All I know is the Bulls are getting the 7th pick. It’s basically in the rulebook at this point.

Quedtion are you an OKC fan? I forgot tbh. Sounds like you are given the context

Btw, another idea came to my head that if the Cavs do pick LaMelo, it’s quite possible that Garland goes onto the trading block, and Ngl, I’d like OKC to make a deal to grab him if possible.

1 Like

yeah if cavs draft lamelo and have sexton/garland/porter somebody would probably be on the block

1 Like

Yes this class was garbage before the pandemic even started. I don’t blame teams for completely blowing their lottery picks this year due to the weak class/pandemic.

he will most likely not be available, and that pains me to say it

1 Like

I was scrolling through Instagram explore and I saw a post that said “real defense” and it was a dude just clamping the opponent’s best player, forcing turnovers and getting transition dunks, looked him up and he can fly and shoot lights out, it was Jahmius Ramsey… would be ecstatic if he could skip to the Knicks’ clippers pick… Think he’s the best defensive guard in this class

3 Likes

This dude is such a baller. He will look any player in the face and say “I’m not gonna let you score on me” and he can 100% back that up

1 Like