How to beat zone

How to beat zone

I was up by 20+ on some guy and was outplaying him completely. He switched to a 2-3 zone and I was scoring pretty easily still. Then he switched to what I believe is a 1-3-1 and I didn’t get a open shot for the rest of the game and he came back. How do you beat this zone? What plays or freelances?

How do you run this ? That’s what I wanna know

How do u use 1-3-1 tho?

2 Likes

Maybe it wasn’t a 1-3-1 then lol I thought that was an option I never run zone DEF

1-3-1 ain’t a option hasn’t been for like 5-7 years

1 Like

Well what’s some good go to options for a 2-3 or 3-2 zone then because that was beyond frustrating

Rcathegreat just dropped a video on how to do a pseudo 1-3-1 zone

1 Like

Feel like I’m bugging but that wasn’t a normal zone I’ve gone against haha I was completely locked down

If you follow rcathegreat you already know about the 1-3-1 :eyes:

2 Likes

That was me. I was trying to learn to play 1-3-1. Gg though. It’s a good defense if you learn how to play the passing lanes.

I’ve seen dudes running 3-2 constantly switching baiting passing lanes. It’s hilarious you could hear their controller clacking all game. Those guys are greasy af

WNBA freelance. And lots of passing. Fake passes. Fake shots. But take your time. Don’t rush. Best advice I can give. I know it sounds like shitty advice but it’s worked for me lol

2 Likes

use center post in the middle, zone will collapse.

1 Like

This the method I use. This WNBA Freelance video was made 3 months ago and it still works. Subscribe to him bro good positive channel and sim player. I always have this as one of my freelances.

1 Like

5 out kills zone. Too many openings there. Especially if you have shooters on the wings with range extenders. You just need to be patient against zone tbh

4 Likes

Thanks for the replies everyone

To my knowledge there is no 1-3-1 zone only 2-3 and 3-2.

This is how to beat zone in real life. If you look at some college games that’s how it’s done. Patience, moving the ball, waiting on that open shot. In 2k it just takes a few wide open shots to get momentum going your way and they will come out of that zone quick.

1 Like

If passing wasn’t so damn slow zone wouldn’t work as well as it does sometimes.

Like flawless said just run 5 out your shoot them out of their zone in 2 trips down the floor. It’s by far the best way to beat zone. Pro tip call your 5 out wit the ball in Giannis hands so he’s got ball at top of key back down straight down the middle the whole zone will collapse n you can pick which 1 of your other 4 guys you wanna spray them wit

5 Likes