How’re you guys beating these zones?

How’re you guys beating these zones?

My bench cannot hit threes to face their lives. Are u guys making threes or doing something different?

I have problems with it myself. I can think of couple of ways but I’m not a competitive player or expert.

1. Get defensive rebounds and run fast breaks so the zone won’t form.
  2. After getting past the perimeter defender take mid jumper.
  3. Try to shoot 3s but like you said even after the patch they are inconsistant so its risky.
  4. Use post player. Also not op this year I think.
  5. Use oop player at PG and try to slash even with paint crowded.
1 Like

The downside of a zone is that you can choose who to be guarded from.

Use Shaq and position him on one of their wings, then start bullying your way to the rack with his HOF backdown punisher. Once you reach the paint dropstep and dunk on them to make them feel miserable. Usually their big man standing in the paint will hardly be a bothering for Shaq, and all they can do is risk an and-1.

Also, run in transition before zone can even form.

2 Likes

you are such a cheeser

2 Likes

:slight_smile: never did that this year. Not sure what I will do when I get the right card. Maybe I will. :slight_smile: I would love the position lock to work. If people start to cheese like this on a massive scale I will have to adapt …

1 Like

Theres two things you can do. Post up and itll cause their defense to cave in automatically and then you kick out. Or do a lot of pass fakes and play patiently, only take good shots and try to get some shots at the rim by attacking their big. If its muersan you gotta get him to bite on a pump fake or draw him out from under the rim

Swing to weak side a lot. Force scramble on strong side then find open dudes cross court.

2 Likes

Get ray Allen and another shooter for the wings, make the paint collapse,

I switch to Warriors or Philly Elbow freelance. Puts your players in the right position along the 3pt in the holes of the zone and the down screen action along the sideline makes it hard for them to offball

3 Likes

At the end of the day you have to make wide open 3s to consistently destroy a zone. That’s why so many people, and good players, are playing zone right now. I don’t see this working once everyone has 5 guys on the floor who can shoot like Ray Allen.

1 Like

I wish corner to corner passes wouldn’t clang off the damn backboard.

2 Likes

Thank you for this, kind sir. I noticed that with the Warriors freelance, but I haven’t really messed with Philly much in 2K20 yet.

Philly elbow is the same as last year.

1 Like

Perfect :ok_hand:t3: