First Kia Nba MVP Ladder 2020-21

The Top 5 this week in the 2020-21 Kia Race to the MVP Ladder:

**1. LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers
Season stats: 24.2 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 7.9 apg, 1.0 spg

No one would have blamed LeBron for easing into season No. 18 after an abbreviated offseason after leading the Lakers to the title in the Orlando bubble. But the old man (36 qualifies in the NBA) has been as his brilliantly consistent best in the early stages of this season. Even on a night when the Lakers saw their four-game win streak snapped by the San Antonio Spurs, LeBron’s performance (27 points, 12 a*sists and six rebounds, his third game this season with 20 or more points and 10 or more assists) shines. He’s set such a ridiculously high standard for himself and the rest of the crowd that follows on this list.

**2. Luka Doncic, Dallas Mavericks
Season stats: 27.6 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 8.0 apg, 1.0 spg

Luka Doncic lit up the Nuggets for 38 points on Thursday night.
Doncic put his full arsenal on display in Thursday’s overtime win over the Denver Nuggets and MVP candidate Nikola Jokic. He self-corrected in game. After piling up eight turnovers entering the fourth quarter, he had none after that. Doncic also scored nine points in overtime to fuel the win and piled up a season-high 13 a*sists, controlling the game down the stretch. As good as Doncic has been, he’s still perfecting his ability to manipulate the action.

**3. Paul George, LA Clippers
Season stats: 24.6 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 4.8 apg, 1.6 spg

Paul George poured in 39 points in a loss to the Suns.
After a brutal finish in the Orlando bubble and an abbreviated offseason as a superstar piñata, George has gotten back on track early for a stout Clippers team (that 51-point loss to Dallas notwithstanding). He’s playing at his usual elite level on both ends and at his current pace will chase the 50-40-90 holy grail of shooting in 2020-21. He vowed to bounce back with a vengeance this season and so far, so good. Kawhi Leonard remains the Clippers’ biggest name and best player, but George has been LA’s catalyst.

**4. Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers
Season stats: 24.6 ppg, 11.8 rpg, 3.3 apg, 1.8 bpg, 1.1 spg

Joel Embiid was dominant in a win against the Wizards.
Embiid and the Sixers were cooking, a league-best 7-1, before they were ambushed by the Kyrie Irving-and Kevin Durant-less Brooklyn Nets Thursday night. The league’s best defense, with Embiid as the anchor, was shredded. But one game doesn’t erase a fantastic start to the season for Embiid in his first run under coach Doc Rivers. These first nine games have provided an excellent glimpse of what Embiid and the Sixers are capable of if he can consistently dominate the competition the way his talent suggests.

**5. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
Season stats: 29.6 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 6.3 apg, 1.0 spg

Take a look back at Stephen Curry’s 62-point game.
Anyone wondering what type of f*ght Curry and the Warriors had in them after a rocky start to the season got their answer Sunday when the former two-time MVP torched the Portland Trail Blazers for a career-high 62 points in just 36 minutes. The Warriors are far from the juggernaut they were three seasons ago, but Curry is still as dangerous a shooter/scorer as there is in the league. And given the absence of Klay Thompson, there will be plenty of opportunities for Curry to heat up the way he did against the Trail Blazers.

1 Like

That’s where you got that from🤣 but Paul George will fall back to earth soon

I dont need Kia to tell me LeBron is the best and most valuable player in the NBA by a good margin lol Top 5 for me by the end of the year:

LeBron
Jokic
Luka
Giannis
Curry

I’m not seeing LBJ and Doncic there this year
Lbj will not play extensively on the regular season , I’m not feeling Doncic and the mavs with a very good record this year

Embiid and jokic are my front runner now , Embiid playing better defense but Jokic passing …
Anyways Nuggets need to start to win their games

I originally thought that Bron wouldnt play enough too but now I kind of think LA is trying to clinch the 1 seed first then let Bron and AD chill.

He has a big chance to take it.

Yeah duh he is every year. The reason he doesn’t get more is because lebron has been playing like the most valuable player for SO LONG NOW, it created a different level of voter fatigue than the rest of the league. People are so used to seeing him dominate that they undermine it. He’s still in the conversation every year by doing Bron things of course, but never quite gets there because of the different level of voter fatigue he has to the rest of the league.

2 Likes

I’m not seeing him even trying to go for it , for me is about jokic and Embiid now . Lebron can make it , but I’m not see him trying this year in regular season

Jokic having a start that hasn’t been done in 60 years. Too bad they keep losing close games

1 Like

I love watching Jokic play, it’s calming

Yes , their will need to pill up some wins .
Pill up ? This is correct ?:joy:

I love his style , and I would love a guy like him to win

Nuggets arent winning now but they will eventually.

Lowkey hardcore Bron fans can tell hes coasting. He coasted all last year and still finished number 2. I see him having some crazy stretches.

2 Likes

Quarters 1-3: LeCoast

Quarter 4: LeTakeover

1 Like

Nuggets aren’t going to start really clicking until about game 30. Still missing MPJ for 10 more days and then it’s still gonna take time for him to gel with the starters

2 Likes

I agree 100%. The voter fatigue kills him. Oddly enough I think after this last championship run the media has shifted a bit on him. He still has his haters but I think they’re dying to give him his NBA MVP trophy this season.

He will have to go out of his way and just be terrible to not win it. Imo…

Its to early , and the lakers can win their game without doing too much . They have the same core and system from past season , majority of the teams are re discovering themselves .
I’m not seeing LBJ in the race late in the year

They lost 3 rotation pieces and signed 4.

1 Like

Still , they have the same stars that played all year past season . They have the same type of baskebtall , and always with AD or Lebron controlling the pace of the game
Those piece will only be evaluated properly in post season

You could definitely make an argument for Lebron to have won MVP every year since like 2006, but the voter fatigue makes it almost impossible.

3 Likes