Failing college this semester

This is a little embarrassing but I need advice. This semester I really fucked up. I had my priorities all out of whack and never went to class, resulting in me getting a 0 in attendance for most of my classes. Lowering my grades significantly. I would do well on the exams but everything else was incomplete so the exams didn’t help much. Best case scenario im failing three classes. Where do I go from here.

1 Like

You have to be willing to work even harder to make up for your mistakes. Talk to your professors and see if there’s anything you can do. Also remember to be thankful that you’re in college because not everyone makes it man. Study your ass off. Slide in yo crush DMs and ask if she needs a study partner. And do all of your papers/HW cause they are all practice for upcoming exams. Good luck bro

1 Like

That’s an expensive mistake my guy.

1 Like

well aware of that lol

I’ve been in a similar position. If this was your first semester then most universities will give you another opportunity whether it be putting you on probation or something else. For me I was in engineering and switching majors was key because I realized even if I could do the work it wasn’t exactly what I was interested in. The hardest part was convincing others, such as my parents, to give me a second chance

Sports medicine is the way to go

yeah I know I can do better I just don’t know what to say to my parents they’re probably not gonna want to send me back or at the very least they’re gonna be very pissed off. Im gonna be on academic probation and probably going to have to take the classes again next semester

right now im undeclared

1 Like

It’s an expensive lesson but it will be worth it if you learn from it. Screwing up in college is better then screwing up at work or in life later.

I would see if you can just drop the classes as a whole. Some colleges will let you do that. This way it won’t affect your gpa.

But most importantly, learn from it. Work first then play later or like the other poster mentioned at least combine your fun with work (being study partners are a good way to get to know someone!) There should definitely be enough time in your life to study hard and have fun.

1 Like

yeah honestly this is a wake up call I just fucked around and got drunk pretty much the whole semester but I dug myself a pretty deep hole with this one

1 Like

Yeah it will most likely be a difficult conversation, at least it was for me. The best thing you can do is admit your mistakes and come up with a plan about what you’re going to do differently and how you’re going to improve, that way you show some responsibility

idk if I can drop the classes this late but I can retake them and replace the grade

Ok that’s good. My best friend screwed up like you but then he worked his ass off and got a degree in construction management. He’s now doing really really well and has a great job so it’s not the not the end of the world as long as you can bounce back stronger.

1 Like

Did your parents pay for you to go to school or is this your money ?

It’s a combination of both my grandfather left money for me and my brothers college but I got a scholarship so I’m not using it but I’m going to lose the scholarship after this semester so

Sports scholarship?

1 Like

Yeah

1 Like

That’s dope bro. Basketball I’m assuming?

Nah football haha

1 Like

Can’t go on academic probation with it so that’s gone and I don’t get play time so I might quit all together

1 Like