Evo Tatum-Shooting or Athletic upgrade?

Which one you choosing and why? I keep going back and forth as to what I should choose (although maybe I shouldn’t care because I probably won’t use him all that long anyway?)?

all depends on how you want to use him… if he’s a main scorer for you i’d go athletic, and surround him with shooters outside of maybe your 5 man. but if he’s isn’t your main scorer i’d go shooting.

1 Like

I choosed shooting.
He wont be your top ballhandler or slasher, later probably just shoot wide open 3s in limited so I thought thats better fit for him.

1 Like

Shooting does make sense as a way I could potentially still use him down the line just spotting up from 3… Good advice. Thanks.

What are his shooting stats if you go the shooter evo route?

86 mid range
85 3 ball

Ruby Rick Carlisle gives him plus 3

So 89 mid range
88 3 ball

1 Like

Hope you don’t try to use him online lol

What’s wrong with him online ?

he’s fine but really slow release. great defender/rebounder though

1 Like

I think he’s boarder line good enough to use online as like your 5th starter or a bench guy. You can still get away with a lot of guys these days. He’s definitely not meta though.

1 Like

I have found his release to be on the slower side but I think I’ve greened the most with him

yeah it is greenable when he’s open. i still use him just because i don;t have any other option at the 3 rn :sweat_smile:

and I really like his defense

1 Like

i remember you’re a stick shooter too in 21. sucks that they removed it in 22.

Release is too slow.

1 Like

Yeah I was, pretty good at it too, wished they would’ve found common ground and let some aspect of it in the game, but I understand why they took it out

That being said, it’s some getting used to having to relearn button shooting , especially with lag factoring, because with aiming, lag wouldnt rly have much effect which is good because I don’t have the best of internet

1 Like

I like him with the shooter upgrade. He has some low key excellent defense animations. Kinda feels like a poor man’s Klay.

1 Like

I went with Athletic because of the physical upgrades. He already had like a 76 three and giving him shooting won’t make him shoot faster. With a 76 he is still a threat to shoot from three but he is also faster with a higher vertical.

2 Likes

For anyone else making a decision, keep in mind that it’s not just the Ratings boost that one is choosing, but also badging.

Can’t recall exactly what he got, but I think he gets a bunch of Silver shooting badges he doesn’t get with Athletic.

1 Like

I chose shooting, longer lifespan

1 Like

I use Tatum ,gus gerrard and horford in tto/100 and that combo is so good tatums shot could be faster but besides that he’s great at everything else

2 Likes