EQ alive and well?

EQ alive and well?

Lol some game i can’t even.

4 Likes

It’s at an all-time high. You can almost predict the swings. This is another reason why 5 out is so powerful. You just keep dunking. It’s the best way to survive when your wide open shots keep clanking for no reason and your opponent is hitting Very Late, 100% Smothered 3s.

3 Likes

Haven’t seen much Equalizer denial this year. Guess it’s too obvious now. Even Stevie Wonder can see this :poop:

2 Likes

I’ll go from greening 5-6 threes in a row to brick brick the next 10

3 Likes

Is there a video showing how to use 5 out in MTU?

It’s a freelance set called 21 delay

I know what it is, and I’ve used it, but I don’t think I get the way to dunk everytime or an open three like everyone talks about lol

I dunno what we’re calling it. I have a rainbow squad essentially, and I’m feeling the “EQ” swings as strongly as ever.

Which makes me continue to lean towards the it’s not EQ camp, but it’s shitty randomness logic.

I’m not losing cause I have better cards, and the game decides I’m gonna lose the game.

I’m losing because the game just decides I’m gonna lose sometimes.

I agree with that completely. I just don’t think it is at all related to card tiers. I spent a ton last year and had comp meta teams in MTU the whole cycle. This year I’m just using cheap budget cards I like. I’m getting the same amount of BS I always got. Maybe more.

3 Likes

The secret is to buy VC before each MTU game, easy 12-0. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Agree mate. Played a dude who had a bit better cards. My bigs would refuse to box out, my defenders would be nowhere to be found, i could not complete a half court passes without them going out of bounds.

1 Like

Good points, I think it’s kind of random as well

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m having wild swings in performance with the games I play in MTU. No denying that. Momentum, EQ, I dunno what it’s called. Maybe it’s just that randomness factors in more this year, with greens being more important. But there’s so many games I play, where I have to outplay my opponent like 10x, and that just gets exhausting after a while.

It may be some sort of player engagement issue, I dunno. But I haven’t found any new success in using a rainbow squad this year, vs comp squad last year.

1 Like

I guess this year it’s run who you want or like & hope 2k decides it’s your turn. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Lol, that’s literally what I’m doing. I’m just treating TTO and MTU like single player park/pro am, when I get annoyed with randoms. Don’t care about wins/losses anymore.

1 Like

If your able to get the POTM early, it takes almost all the stress out of it.

1 Like

I play people who cannot play defense but somehow get there John Wall to the basket everytime so it stays a close game. Doesn’t matter who guards him clamps or not and the center gets postered it’s ridiculous. I know im getting fucked when I have a 5-12 point lead the whole game and then it turns into 20 in the fourth

3 Likes

You need to find the 1:1 matchup where you can dribble past the initial defender. If you can’t exploit one of the matchup to begin with, then this set is bad. Once you can reliably expose a single matchup, you run by em and towards the low block on the key, which will pull a defender from the corner. If you run right to the hoop, you may not pull the second defender, so take a line to the side of the hoop and then kick out for the 3 or trigger the dunk animation.

1 Like

2klabs put out a video on 10 shooting tips. The last tip is literally that the game is filled with RNG this year and you can’t always control your success. I think that’s all we need to know about EQ this year.

1 Like

Respect to the guys going 12-0 off the rip cuz the shit does feel random to me. Alot of things make no sense. A good contest i get 4% covered. Im missing open 3s on the reg. My opponent hitting red contested shots on the reg. N these dudes can still win every gam3. Idk how yall do it. But respect. :pray:

2 Likes

It’s not so much the EQ, but more the inconsistency in shooting.

Sat night I shot like 28% somehow in 4 games of MTU.

Sun night with same players, vs same type of opponents, same looks, I shot about 55% in 4 games.

Much respect to those guys who don’t go through this…