Death Stranding, what say you?

Death Stranding, what say you?

I was hyped about it when I knew nothing about it.

This game seems like a walking simulator and Uber eats simulator. I’m not sure what to make of it. Is it a game at all? I don’t see the appeal in delivering boxes to one location and to another.

Is anyone here going to get this or are you waiting for more reviews?

preordered this shit. apparently when the baby cries you have to speak into the controller to calm it down. i think id rather do that and deliver boxes than continue to grind ttoff

3 Likes

But can you get PD Ibaka yelling into a baby mic? I don’t think so!

I’m just here to spit a bar

Poopy-di scoop
Scoop-diddy-whoop
Whoop-di-scoop-di-poop
Poop-di-scoopty
Scoopty-whoop
Whoopity-scoop, whoop-poop
Poop-diddy, whoop-scoop
Poop, poop
Scoop-diddy-whoop
Whoop-diddy-scoop
Whoop-diddy-scoop, poop

Waiting for the reviews and buying it a year later for $9.99

im 70 away from ibaka and can guarantee this game will make it take way longer than seven days. the soundtrack is also from one of my favorite bands called low roar. this seems like a nice game to trip on.

I was hyped initially but read some of the reviews and will wait for it to hit bargain bin. Big Hideo Kojima fan, but I know I will buy and not sink 100 plus hours it take to complete the game.

From the reviews i’ve read, gameplays i’ve watched so far, game name should be changed as
‘Ups Stranding’

1 Like

Yeah I was really hyped and preordered. I want to form my own opinion on it but I also don’t want to regret getting an 80 dollar post apocalyptic amazon prime simulator

People have really mixed opinions on it I’ve heard game of the year being thrown around

Kojima games have gotten way, way too weird for me. The original Metal Gear Solid was his last game I actually enjoyed.

2 Likes

Have you played yet? I’ve played all the Metal Gears but I’m having trouble justifying a buy on this one (tbh I still have no idea what the damn game is supposed to be). I heard you have to keep your balance while walking as a mechanic, is that true?

Edit: nevermind not out yet, I’ll check back later lmao

1 Like

Fuck Kojima, he ruined my favorite singleplayer franchise.
Been living off MGS1-3 hype for more than a decade.

1 Like

Yeah it drops Friday I’ve heard the same thing about the walking mechanic and balance. This game is going to be very unique. People are used to the cookie cutter open world games. Even though I loved red dead 2 it’s my favorite game of all time, it wasn’t much different from every rockstar/open world game. Kojima is taking risks and trying to rewrite the genre which I respect and I wanna experience it so I’m gonna play it through lol

1 Like

I’ll have to remember to ask you how it was after a couple weeks. So far I’ve only seen pretentious video game outlets review it and it’s either been glowing or not so much.

I will say I wish it was PT coming out but I’m still intrigued by the game.

1 Like

I’m gonna try to complete it by next weekend now that my rugby season is over I have a ton of time on my hands and I want to beat it before the new Star Wars game comes out. Reviews have been varied, from what I can tell the game is an acquired taste and the outlets giving the game poor reviews are mainstream sites like ign.

1 Like

All I really want is a 4K MGS1 redux. I’d play that shit RIGHT NOW. They have the 360’s HD remakes of 2 and 3, but I really just want to play MGS1 again.

2 Likes

Same man that was prime kojima he’s in an experimental phase rn lmao

1 Like

With complete freedom, shit just gets too weird. I feel like Kojima should the 2nd guy in charge, where he gets a lot of creative freedom, but then occasionally somebody in charge can tell him, “That shit is too weird, tone it down.”

If Kojima just skewed a bit more realistic and wove in his conspiracy shit, the stories would resonate so much more.

4 Likes

Yeah at this point I don’t think he really gives a fuck what people think he’s just making what he wants and it depends on the person whether or not that’s a good thing

1 Like