I’m still on current gen, and it doesn’t matter what time of day that I play, every single park that I go to, I see the following builds:
Playmaking Shot Creator (why Tyceno, why?)
2-Way Slasher (surprisingly).
Best build to make? That depends on what you want to do. If you want a shooter, go with a sharpshooter like I did. You might struggle a little at first, but once you get the right jumper, it’s butter chicken all day. If you like dunking all over people, Paint Beast and Interior Force are the go-to’s. Slashers that I’ve played can’t really do much besides turn the ball over. Also, I wouldn’t recommend Play Shots or Glass Locks because those are the particular builds that are usually the most toxic.
As you can guess, this gets irritating fast, especially since I’m a 89 Sharpshooter with a 92 mid range and three pointer who stands wide open for about 95% of a game. The other 5%, I’m being very loosely guarded. Because I don’t have the Deadeye badge, I prefer not to take contested shots, but if I have a Play Shot who is bound and determined to shoot 15-17 shots a game, I frankly don’t give a damn at that point. And the Curry sliding is ridiculous. He’s my favorite player and all, but damn. I have one friend on PS4 who has the cheesiest Curry slide - shoot a three combo I’ve ever seen. He literally shoots from half-court and beyond. And makes it.
As for the question on rep ups, If you have the time (and patience), I’d recommend playing a lot of Park, but Rec is also a nice option, just be wary that this is where the tryhards go to play. It gives you a nice bit of rep, though.
When it comes to Curry sliding, I honestly don’t know what to say. The best I can say is to just stay up on the dribbler and watch out for screens. They just wash, rinse, repeat with that. If there’s 3 Play Shots, though…leave the worst one open. More likely than not, he’ll miss. I played three the other night, and the one I was guarding went like 0-3. The other two made like 2 or 3 shots, max. Easy win.
I doubt anyone is about read all of that.