Controller left stick drift (Xbox)

Anyone know if there is a Xbox controller that isn’t made like pure garbage and is more sturdy. I’ve had a scuff, elite you name it. Probably bought 50 controllers over this generations cycle and would move to PlayStation just based off cheap controllers if it wasn’t for PlayStation having hacking problems

1 Like

I’ve gone through roughly 5-6 controllers over my 5 year account including usage of controllers from my brother and my friends. I think it comes down to usage in terms of time and dedication to keep them in good shape, instead of just throwing them around, etc. Most had minor problems with them such as the stick would gradually shift, etc. which would make aiming in shooters and the shooting meter in previous 2ks very annoying/frustrating.

1 Like

It’s crazy, in over 30 years of gaming I had never broken a controller, but I’m on like my 8th Xbone controller. They’re terrible, designed to shatter like glass in the face of a dirty look.

2 Likes

yeah im heavy handed. I bought a controller last week. payed close attention not to drop em and i look down last night and stick is just wobbling all over the place.

1 Like

Nintendo controllers are notorious for that too. I’ve already had one side of my Switch controllers crap out. I rarely use it too. Have not had many issues with PlayStation over the years. Never owned any Xbox. I will say the PS3 controllers didn’t hold up as long as the rest for some reason. The rubber covering the toggle switches seems to be Sony’s biggest weakness. Doesn’t take much for it to start wearing off.

1 Like

what’s annoying is i bought elite controller and the outside had extra metal sticks but the inside components were still cheap plastic

2 Likes

Sons 15 and hes like Dad switch to PS4. We always argue what system is better, so ill use that against him lol

1 Like

I take that back, the Share/Options are not meant to be used regularly. My controllers have major issues when I try to pause, thanks to all the 2k sniping.

1 Like

I haven’t gone through any controllers same ones we have since we bought our Xbox

1 Like

:rofl: Bruh i wanted to try Sea of Thieves when it first dropped. So i bought the themed controller for it. It arrived with the start button not working! lol smh

1 Like

i need you to pick my controller out at the gaming store then lmao

1 Like

The Xbox one controllers are so fragile and can’t handle rage moments at all. My old N64 controllers and playstation 2 controllers could take 3X more punishment than the frail xbox one controllers.

Even the 360 controllers were more sturdy.

1 Like

Thank You! them first nintendos back in 80s lmao literally stomp on them :rofl:

I’ve taken them apart many times to clean them. (3kids). It’s almost a plastic hinge that presses down on the circuit board. As opposed to a rubber button, under the outside plastic button, like the dpad and the rest of the buttons. Weird choice. The hinge gets worn out very easily and I have to try and shove my finger in that skinny slot to try and have it make contact to pause or load a filter in the auction house.

I had the toggle switch go bad on every N64 controller I owned. Maybe it was me, but I played a ton of GoldenEye, Mario Kart and Mario 64. So I was cranking on them constantly.

1 Like

Yeah I literally got 15 controllers for spare parts in a box. I tell my son “its time to go to work!” lol he already knows i broke another one. He thought he was funny and bought me the small screw driver for them controllers for fathers day

2 Likes

Those old Nintendo controllers had that “Y” looking screw that I could never find a screwdriver for. I ended up modifying (bending) one of those cheap little screwdrivers to make contact with 2 of the points to get them out. I hated those screws.

1 Like

Never had an Xbox control stick drift but I know it’s infamous on the switch thankfully it hasn’t happened to my joycons. When it comes to Xbox usually I mess up the A button just because I wear it out and same goes with the rb, doesn’t help I play different games especially fighting games

1 Like

yeah i had to take scissors and cut the rubber out of one controller and put it under the new controller for the buttons

1 Like

My wife and I play Sea of Thieves crossplay between me on Xbone and her on PC, lotsa fun.

1 Like