Coach Boost in Myteam and some Investment Tips

For those interested, this are example of the boosts given by Monty - speed, ball handle, 3pt, etc

9 Likes

What do the big man boosts look like?

Do they get the +5 speed also?

for bigs

coach doesnt get outdated (unless they release dark matter in the future) compared to a player. He will be my coach for the rest of 2k22, got him around 50k when someone start a min bid of 1k in AH

4 Likes

That’s not bad, I went ahead and picked one up for 61k, Utah diamond coach, he has the same boost, I feel like they are going to skyrocket in price once ppl realize with coaches and shoes in 2k22, u can get a +9 stats boost

1 Like

yeah, the diamond shoe boost (speed, swb, 3pt), badges (blinders, etc.), shoe colorway (kd, kobe xi), diamond contract, and diamond coaches will start to skyrocket in prices once we start getting good players and players mts starts to build up. Im starting to build my investment foundation and filters. For example, you can get bronze blinders for less than 2k now, but it will be around atleast 10k soon. I moved from xbox to PS now, interested to see how PS market works.

yeah, I keep going back and forth on flipping badges and stocking up on them. I probably spent close to 50K MT earlier today on badges (mostly the various shooting badges). I think I’ve got about 4 bronze blinders. I’ve sold off all my +4 diamond shoe boosts and have been stocking up on the dirt cheap +3 gold boosts. We will see how the market values +4 vs +3 later on… but, I just feel like the gold boosts are undervalued.

1 Like

yeah, the market is still fluid at the moment. I’m a NMS player since half of 2k20 and full in 2k21 and able to afford all the best cards from selling consumables (badges, shoes). Now shoe snipping is interesting, shoe colorway might not have much impact compared to shoe boost. Badges im still observing the market, but blinders is the safest bet at the moment. But you need to make your mt’s rolling so need to sell it cheaper than it should be. Its a different strategy now. But i can figure it out in few weeks time.

Players will start to spend badges and shoe boost once we start getting players that can be usable for quite some time and near 250k tourney. Building mt’s to get more mt’s is my priority now.

1 Like

Gold glue hands and silver QFS badge are really expensive

I was looking for this, thanks.

seems like blinders is no longer the hyped badges, i watched splash youtube and said blinders effect is not popping out or something. I will stay away from blinders right now. I need silver qfs for kawhi, and gold glue hands for him n rose. silver rim is also good now and gold intimidator. the good badges for investments are usually the one the you cant buy for your players because its exp.

1 Like

I’m also trying to figure out new badges. Have a hof mismatch expert, wondering how effective this can be on small guys as claimed :grin:

yeah, for myteam keep the hof badges on galaxy opals =) i think that mismatch expert is one of the best badge for small players

Believe so but getting Drose & slapping that seems too attractive :joy:

1 Like

im starting to figure out the future of sniping for consumables, my bread and butter diamond shoes will not work like last time, but i need to keep my mt building and establishing my filters.

1 Like

I’ve noticed a tangible positive effect on my overall defense by using Doc. I’m wondering if those additional coach attributes (beyond the stat boost) does something to tendencies. What other reason would there be both positives and negatives to using certain coaches? I wonder if people would be better served to match up the correct coach for their play styles, instead of just looking for which stats he boosts. I’ve been using D’Antoni for so many years, it sure seems noticeably different with Doc.

in 2k21 my coach was mike malone. i think he had pace and space ? i cant remember…
so for 2k22 whats the best coaching style to go with ?

yes, i also use d’antoni for a year and notice his good in spacing, speed and 3pts, but my players tendencies is bad, no defending tightly and getting outrebounded. Very noticeable when i switched to Phil Jackson

1 Like

I went ahead and got Diamond Monty. Last year I ran a ruby coach until pretty late in the year and regretted not getting a top coach sooner since their value stayed high all year.

Monty gives all 5 positions a +5 speed and 3 point shot. I can really feel the difference on the fast break and the shooting boost is noticeable. Highly recommend you guys go big on the coach early.

2 Likes