Choosing a defensive SG&C

Inspired by @EarvGotti and his most recent video I decided to make a defensive focus starting 5 to go with a bucket getting bench 5.

I’m not trying to spend all of what I have so Kobe/ Jimmy/ Wilt are currently out of the picture. My SG thoughts were Jordan or Pippen and my center thoughts were Shaq or Dwight. Lmk what you think!

Also wondering on thoughts of Walt compared to Kidd

3 Likes

i like pippin and you save some mt

1 Like

PD MJ with Gold C&S is a demon

2 Likes

My worry with Pip is I had him got a short time but his release get clunky. Maybe something I could get used too?

1 Like

Moncreif?

4 Likes

Someone I hadn’t thought about, will definitely take a look at him.

1 Like

Diamond Eddie Jones. Not as good as Pip on D but has a cleaner release.

91 On ball steal tendency + HOF Pick Pocket
87 Interception tendency + HOF Interceptor

3 Likes

You think he can guard the 3 when I switch Bobby to the PG and slide my PG to the 2 on d?

1 Like

yea it aint the fastest but once you get it down its cash

1 Like

SG: Reddish, Rip Hamilton
C: Dwight, Mutumbo

1 Like

Another vote for Pippen. I don’t mind his release, but even if you don’t green it a ton, he has all 5 3pt hotzones which makes him consistent from 3 (at least on current gen).

1 Like

I was going to add to the post that I prefer on him 1s and 2s. His interior is bad and hes not the strongest so he struggled on some 3s.

If Bobby is the guy you want on the main ball handler I think Pip is the move because he can guard 1-3 and small ball 4s.

2 Likes

Any thoughts between Walt and Kidd? I’m leaning Walt but I just noticed he has an 80 overall lower take charge tendency and I love taking charges. Worth going Kidd?

1 Like

I mean, my profile pic should speak for itself on that front…

1 Like

Pip, Moncrief and Jrue Holiday are solid options. I run Jrue on my budget squad and he’s a beast. Amy MCW looks nice too but i havent tried him yet. I still use Diamond Hakeem as well.

Sorry to bother ya with the lineup questions but what are you feeling the difference in your two PGs is?

What’s your budget squad? I’m looking to give unlimited another shot.

Pippen also looks 6-10 in game. Thought Id add that lol

My first cop, scooped one for 80k badged with deep threes and some other golds with a 3pt&lat quick&speed shoe. The first time I tried him was off a pull so he was nude. Already liking him more in this dom game. He seems too perfect for someone who I may need to move around.

Walt and Kidd are really similar but i feel like Walt is more of an offensive threat. He can create his own shot better and his jumper is a little faster than Kidd’s. Kidd has a better post game (if that’s your thing). I put him on the block and just bully guys like Baron, Lillard, Curry, Murray. Both of them are pretty equal on defense.

1 Like