Charles Barkley on why he isn’t in 2k

Thought this was pretty interesting. Let me know what you guys think.

7 Likes

Barkley: “They piss me off every year”. Sir, we couldn’t agree more. He does the right thing we can’t do, stay off this company :joy:

7 Likes

Yeah that part had me laughing. Even he knows our struggle!

2 Likes

Didn’t watch, but if it’s him talking about wanting 2K to donate to retired players he’s been saying that for years.

Not that it isn’t valid and I personally agree with his stance, just that it’s been known for quite some time.

2 Likes

Cool. Just saw this for the first time, I’ve always wondered why he wasn’t in the game.

1 Like

Yeah. Sorry if that came off as condescending, I re-read it and felt like it could be taken that way.

I just remember first reading about it a few years ago, so I figured it’d be common knowledge on an enthusiast forum like this.

2 Likes

Yeah I hear ya. I haven’t been back on this forum for over a year now. Just getting my feet wet again in the 2k world. I always knew they didn’t have his rights but wondered the reasoning behind it

2 Likes

Good for Barkley. He’s a stand up guy. 2k is as sleazy as it gets.

1 Like

I kinda wish more retired players would take up similar stances and strong-arm 2K into doing something positive for once.

/shrug

4 Likes

They are in business to make money but only if you give it to them. I will not.

He’s more well known as a commentator to most young people. Who’s got room for that little person in a god squad anyway? No big loss.

1 Like

Yea he’s talked about it alot and has a point.

His reason makes a lot more sense than his la/Portland prediction and does anyone know why Reggie Miller isn’t in the game

huge loss. its charles barkley bruh

4 Likes

Pretty much the same reason…I believe.

1 Like

Video of Barkley starts at 3:09 for those who don’t like how youtubers take 3 minutes to get the point of anything.

10 Likes

Alright didn’t know thanks

2 Likes

I’m proud Charles for sticking to his guns. He’s 100% correct and it’s pathetic that 2K wouldn’t take a small financial hit to make fans happy and take care of the generation of players that made very little given their profession.

It’s really shocking see how little even the stars of the 80s and early 90s made. Puts things in perspective for the role players contracts.

I wish more ppl had this view. Think about how many ppl drop hundreds of dollars every Friday for 7-8 months

Just saw the avatar and wanted to flex my latest pickup 93-94 Jazz shorts

1 Like