Boomers Olympic Squad. Oi Oi Oi

Not sure which category to use for this one but anyway. If Simmons end up playing for the Boomers this upcoming Olympics, do you guys think we have a chance at a medal. But one thing’s for sure it would be exciting to watch this team play. Also low-key great addition would be Matisse.

1 Like

Thon maker australian lol

Yeah he migrated to Au when he was in HS i think?

1 Like

This not a bad team at all

1 Like

so just searched him up and found out he was accepted as refugee (with his family) by Au when he was 5 yrs old. nice story

yeah but you would probably want to build this team around Simmons like shooters all around him

1 Like

Oi Mate

1 Like

Hmm. If you use the 2-3 zone that the sixers have been using with Simmons and thybulle, then I can see you getting silver.

1 Like

other teams are just playing for silver. Gold is reserved to the USA already lol. but if US is going to send the same type of team as what they had for the World Cup, then it wont be a guarantee

1 Like

Spain most likely winning silver

or serbia

Yeah if all the good players opt out like last year. You have a very good team centered around Simmons. Thybulle, joe ingles, patty mills, hell even thon maker.

1 Like

and there are good shooters from the NBL too. then Delly will do his job off the bench bodying up opposition guards lol

Anyone who has to face them better prepare to get Jingled.

1 Like

I mean, we’re competitive, but not quite medal level IMO. Some solid NBA talent

Simmons/Exum
Mills/Green
Thybulle/Broekhoff
Ingles
Baynes/Maker

1 Like

Outside shot at a bronze. Pretty much the same chance as any Aussie team, haha

1 Like

Im glad i get to call this team “the boomers”

2 Likes

a healthy bogut could def help. he should come out of retirement :grin:

Simmons is yet to play for the Australian national team right?

i think he hasnt played with the Men’s team yet. just the U18s or something like that