Ben Simmons or Joel Embiid who stays for the long haul?

Ben Simmons or Joel Embiid who stays for the long haul?

This is only a question of when they split up, they can’t max their skills together. Philadelphia probably have one maybe two more years in the playoffs with them both together before they trade either one max three in my opinion.

And here we go I would trade Embiid for a haul and restructure the roster to play like Bucks with Simmons emulating giannis play. We already seen quit big sample size of this with Al at the 5 and Simmons dunking and kicking.

The rift now in the locker room is this playstyle which unfortunately is the future especially for Simmons.

What would you do with this dilemma?

2 Likes

I keep Ben and do the same as you suggest: build out 4 shooters around him. I love Embiid, but he looks destined for a short career given his injury history. No shame in that; it happens to plenty of big men. Trade him this summer while his value is still at its peak.

8 Likes

Yup same as both of you said keep Simmons build a bucks like system around ben

4 Likes

I was thinking trade Simmons… but I like the idea of building around him like Giannis

1 Like

I think it can get ugly between Simmons and Embiid and then the trade value will go down on Embiid. Because Simmons is waking up to his true potential with this system without Embiid.

Another vote for a Ben team. Trade Embiid.

They could recieve a HUGE haul for Embiid.

5 Likes

It would be sad to see the process gone tho

Embiid to the Warriors for D’Lo, who says no

This tough decisions wins championships look at demar derozan for a kawhi rental did with a bit of luck of course with GSW injuries.

No Ben Simmons will have the ball 90 % of the time in this system if you put klay in then they will talk :sweat_smile:

D’Lo is an amazing PNR partner for Simmons… Bucks have Giannis set screens a lot too

Difference between Simmons and giannis is that Simmons is a savant playmaker with space.

Anyone who thinks that Ben and Embiid can’t do well together is absolutely clueless (don’t want to use a stronger word).

Brown is incompetent, Harris and Horford are a terrible fit for Ben/Embiid.

1 Like

We will see I predicted lonzo and Ingram to be traded before LeBron joined so we see but they will not play their whole careers together in Philadelphia mark my words. It will be over in max 3 years.

Lmao, young players being traded away from Lebron’s team.
Might aswell call you Nostradamus.

Predicted it before LeBron joined old man can you read? The days of slow big men unfortunately is dead they can never be the best player on a championship team again with analytics in play.

Teams don’t run 2 non shooters on the floor anymore. Ben forces Embiid to the perimeter too much.

They are inarguably a terrible basketball fit.

Sure, it’s not impossible for them to play together, but it just makes everything so much harder than it needs to be.

1 Like

I think a healthy, motivated Embiid is probably amongst the most unstoppable players the game has ever seen. But yeah injuries and inconsistency have kept him from playing that way on a nightly basis.

1 Like

You’re telling me that something like CP3-Middleton-Covington-Simmons-Embiid wouldn’t work?
Cmon.

Predicted it before LeBron joined old man can you read? The days of slow big men unfortunately is dead they can never be the best player on a championship team again with analytics in play.

I stand corrected.
Lmao, young players being traded away from the Lakers.
Might aswell call you Nostradamus.