Anybody else using Smitty?

He’s been lights out for me at both the 1 and 2. Has anybody else used him? If so, what do you like about him? What don’t you like about him? How do you choose to score with him?

Steve got that goated hair line. Steve is great on NBA TV :+1:
Oh sup homie. Didn’t notice you fam

1 Like

I have the tokens to cop him but I’m already on the PD board so I’ve been hesitant to spend the tokens on him. Are there any cards you’d say he’s comparable to?

If you like him, for sure he must be a beast. How do you use him? Does he have a post game? CAn he drive or dribble?

Comparable to? :thinking: Hmm great question. He certainly doesn’t have any weaknesses on offense. Even sports an 84 post fade on 78 strength. On defense, my biggest gripe was immediately shot contest (64), but I honestly can’t recall any situations where it bit me in the ass. With all that being said, he’s not some super unique player, but I also can’t pin him down to be comparable to another. He’s just a super solid 3&D guy with a pretty fast release and post game. He also comes badged out. Maybe someone else could help out with a comparison?

Right now, he’s my starting 1. I have the black Jordans on him to give him (notably) 97 lat quickness and 91 swb. He’s one of those cards, for me at least who tries to find open space and with a fast release, even after the patch, people struggle to recover. He does indeed have a post game (80 control, 84 fade). I don’t use it as much as I should. My main ways of scoring are 3s and off dribble middies. Ik most people hate off dribble middies, but almost everyone begs for you to take them.

1 Like

How fast does he feel with the ball? I know some players like D Gervin have good playmaking stats but still feel slow when they dribble

Depends on the matchup tbh. Obviously he’s overmatched against someone like Giannis, but I had no problems against KD or smaller guys

Really? Does he have a nice dribble package too? I may have to cop lol

I used Amy Smitty last year, which is basically the same card. The comparison, imo, would be a complete scorer, especially a great shooter with a post game, a big body and the capability to drive.
Something like Chris Mullin imo.

2 Likes

Not comparable to this year’s diamond Mullin :sweat_smile: but good In life comparison. He’s also a big 6"7

1 Like

Oof. You’re talking to the wrong one about dribble moves :joy: I use mostly triple threat moves and “speedboost” that way. He certainly doesn’t feel stiff like a gervin or Hill.

1 Like

Are you saying he’s better or worse than Mullin in game?

Much better

2 Likes

He definitely feels more athletic. Plus, his release is up there in terms of easiest, smoothest releases. He’s a reliable shooter on my 2nd unit!

2 Likes

I’m not the best with pegging releases. Do you know anyone else who may have it for reference?

1 Like

Feels sort of similar to Jimmy Buckets in terms of fluidity. At least it feels similar to it imo.

Good eye. Same base, different upper release, so Smitty’s is a bit quicker Imo. Smitty has release 25 while Butler has release 92

1 Like

Had smitty since day he came out. Absolute sniper for me. His release is smooth and those 6 hof badges are nice. Great card

1 Like