Algo stories

Anyone have any crazy algo stories?

1 Like
  • Bricking on every slightly early/late shot
  • getting out rebounded like my players are all under 6’2 & giving up 2nd chance points
  • My players fouling every drive to give bailout free throws
  • CPU defense clamping on your players like crazy & intercepting stupid passes.

Happens every other game & I’ve been on both sides of it. Unfair advantage / disadvantage depending on how you look at it. The 12-0 dudes counter a lot of it by abusing the game mechanics with 5 out, peekaboo, & tydebo defense, but I refuse to ruin the fun of playing a video game by resorting to shit like that every game.

6 Likes

One more thing: My team not actually catching the ball. and throwing very bad passes.

Watching very late with 97 percent contested go in while I can’t make wide open slightly late or early.
Watching my team not pass the ball or shoot when i hit the buttons then automatic turnover.
Watching my guys slow down so the other team can catch up block from behind.
Watching bad shooters hit shots like they are the best in the game.
Obvious actions all game to keep a guy I would blow out by 50 in the game.
Lagging during only shots taken.
Wanting to pull hair out of head over many other things that keep 12-0 from happening.

1 Like

when it hits u nothing will save u except if the opponent is a total noob such as he dunno how to peekaboo , he just chuck up shots, he totally offball while his controlled player just stand dere so u can cut in and caught him off guard…terrible at stick control so he cant keep up …all the cheese such as 5 out , deep hash, peekaboo, tydebo defense none will work…u call 5 out ur player most of the time move like a turtle and get bumped easily even holding L2 and if u blow by the opponent it might layup instead of dunk or get bad animation and getting blocked by help or from behind…wanna deep hash but again your player move like having 100kg slap on his foot and opponent run like a gazelle thus blocking u in advance…want to dunk or close shot? post up with shaq or hakeem but they cant even backdown opponent sg,pg or sf.lol…the algo is always there but this couple months the frequency and intensity really is way worse compared to early cycle…

2 Likes

lol i’ve had games where i feel bad for my opponent cuz i can feel the game fucking him over. don’t know for sure if algo is real but it’s happened against me too and i’d bet money it is.

2 Likes

Im still scared from 2k17 when I went to triple ot against one of the last teams in domination. I had a trash team, there was 2 seconds left the cpu inbounded, and Lebronto James hit 98 foot 3 pointer i was up by 2. O think it was my 2nd try.

2 Likes

haha…there is no need to argue or discuss if algo/eq/player engagement exists coz its already proven it does …its just frustrating when 2 similar skilled player match up and one lose due to it…the shooting part where opponent keep getting whites in is still acceptable but the fact they literally slow ur player down or restrict their movement is just fcking annoying…center with lateral quickness 99 but when u see ur cpu teammate get blow by and u wanna help with ur center…ur center wont be able to turn aroundXD

2 Likes

Being up all game, and at the end of regular time and OT, both times my opponent hits almost a half court 3 with ruby thon maker to tie the game…won it in 2OT

1 Like

I have had online games where I killed it, got to 11-0, or 10-0 and I’ll get an opponent that will magically come back, every time. Im talking lime last quarter down 20 and all the sudden everything goes wrong, super algo kicks in and its over. I ain’t saying im sone god ar this game, but it definitely has alot of predetermined bs, and caters to people who are struggling, or new to the game.

1 Like

And this is one of the reason, why NBA 2k can never be a true E-Sport game, no matter how much they endorse it.

2 Likes

Had one yesterday lol

Was straight arming all game, which is weird because I know everyone’s release. The dude I’m playing gets on the mic and calls me ass (I’m only down 8 or 9) and gets mad that I’m offballing him despite him trying to ISO me all game.

4th quarter hits, I’m hitting everything and I’m getting all the steals. He’s on the mic saying “you’re 50” (I’m 24) and “why you got this team?” Brought the 10 point deficit to 1. He cuts off mic. Was a point where he missed and it took Kareem 3 seconds to get the rebound. Dude is playing scared now because he’s hesitating in the paint. 3 of my guys are in the paint, but who comes out with the rebound? His Mark Eaton. And he makes the layup. He gets on the mic laughing and says I’m ass

Lost by 5

5 Likes

I played a game of 2K19 last night and got hit with it. I’m missing dunks while my opponent hits contested 3s. I literally missed a dozen wide open 3s. I user tipped passes about every other possession, and the CPU would automatically recover for him. Meanwhile, his CPU defenders intercepted passes all game. CPU was constantly fouling him on contested shots in the paint.

It’s always nice to know I can boot up 2K and get kicked in the junk every couple months :rofl:

1 Like

2k19 was one of the worst algo games and i think everyone forgets that

3 Likes

It was BRUTAL. I was up 19-9 after the first quarter and everything flipped. I kept telling myself it would flip back in the 4th, but nope. He was running PDs and Diamonds vs. my almost all Opal Sixers squad.

2 Likes

Getting sick and tired when people make nearly every shot and non of them are green.

3 Likes

one time, dino radja hit a smothered very late corner three and banked it in from the CORNER. that tied the game up in the 4th for me. good thing was that that was only game 1-0

wow… I have time where I hit full court shots because I wanted to try it, but a game winner???

I’ve heard that algo actually changes your green window, which is weird because I’m pretty sure 2k should reward people for timing the releases correctly. Hasn’t actually happened to me before tho.

1 Like

Good thing about upgrading to 2k20 is that you could see the opponent’s releases and contests. In 2k19, I think I just about lost my sanity because of the contests and releases.

1 Like