Agent 00 interview with Mike Wang (2k21)

what y’all think of this?
please direct me to another 2k21 thread if there is one

12 Likes

Thank god 12-0 is over, hopefully leaderboards and is having control over Evos big dubs SUPER EXCITED

1 Like

championship rings could be a new mode/extension to unlimited. also if we can choose what stats/badges to evo when we evo you know ill be on the evo grind day 1

3 Likes

Fun and ‘realism’ :rofl:

3 Likes

Actual built in tournaments would be awesome ala “championship rings”

Everything here seems like a W but 2k will somehow find a way to mess up

6 Likes

also, here’s an interview from 2ktv, via @ItsShake4ndbake

3 Likes

I hate unlimited. Nothing in real Basketball has you winning 12 games without losing one, should be a best of 7 series. With algo, servers, and cheesers, going 12-0 is legitimately the hardest thing to do in 2k. Not impossible but very, very, hard. Will be nice to see some kind of change.

5 Likes

“more control” on how to evolve Evo cards:

make 1,000 3PT shots with sapphire Dwight Howard - choose between gold Steady Shooter or HOF Hot Start

18 Likes

Exactly. Fun for who? Kids and teens or grown men who actually have the money to spend?

Realistic in what way? Gameplay? Cards?

If any one can read between the lines here this news is foreshadowing of another terrible game coming.

5 Likes

I agree that unlimited is the hardest thing to do. It needs to be easier next year

1 Like

I was hoping something like

Make 500 threes to evo toward shooting or Make 100 dunks to evo toward slashing. I think that kind of diversity would be dope. Especially since it’s not as easy to pick takeovers in 2k20 as it was 19.

1 Like

urs sounds better. that’s why 2K won’t do it

3 Likes

i honestly hope the top cards that come out day 1 are sapphires like they did in 2k17 and 2k18. gives them more room to upgrade cards

2 Likes

How about they make a new online mode? Or bring pack and play back and make it better?

4 Likes

The “new ways to compete” definitely sounds promising. That’s a big reason why I quit playing the past few years. Not enough things to play for, especially online. They’ll probably screw it up though… I’m really not a fan of 12-0 unlimited, it promotes ultimate cheesing at all times, especially with how much connection and RNG seem to play into games. Hopefully there will be other options.

I’ll be watching 21 from the sidelines though. Might pick it up next spring/summer when I have some free time.

Well I hope the Unlimited 12-0 stays in the game but maybe make a few changes to it.

3 Likes

They said unlimited is returning so idk how you got that to translate 12-0 is over :joy: literally means it’s back

10 Likes

I was gonna say the same thing but I was just gon let him have this one lmao

3 Likes

“Fun and realism”? Lol.

At this point, I’m betting most of the devs could care less. They’re just in it to pick up a check.

Every line of code they type is geared toward generating $$$.

2 Likes