@2KGamer brought up the great idea of us organizing some tourneys with specific themes, to add additional forms of competition, and “titles,” in addition to “straight” MyTeam platform titles.
I’ll be organizing this one, at least for PS4. If you’d like to participate, then please make a reply to this with:
#Compete / [Platform] / [Server Region]
If you are not on PS4, then there will need to be someone on your platform who will volunteer to be tourney commissioner for your platform. So if you’re willing to be commissioner for your platform (or for PS4…I don’t really want to), then please indicate that as well.
As much as is possible, we will create at least initial matchups within same server/region. Commissioner reserves right to create rules/structure with intent to equalize lag issues, in cases of later round competition between people far apart.
TOURNEY TITLE: INSIDE THE ARC (Party Like It’s 1978)
TOURNEY DESCRIPTION/RULES: Three pointers do not count. At all. The only way to score is to score inside the 3-point line.
- 3-point shots, if made, will not count toward your score.
- Only 2-point and 1-point shots will count. I.e. shots taken inside the 3pt line, or free-throws.
- There is no penalty for taking/making 3-point shots…they just will not count. At all. You can take a 3-point shot, miss it, get the offensive rebound, and then dunk and get 2 points. That’s fine.
- To keep it simple, if you shoot a 3-point shot and your opponent fouls you, and you get free-throws, then any scoring via those free-throws will count.
- Winner will be determined by taking score shown in final game summary screen and deducting 3-point scoring, if any.
- If Overtime is “improperly” arrived at, due to 3-point score(s), then OT is invalidated. Winner will be whomever had most scores, minus 3-point shots, at end of regulation. It is responsibility of any player to record gameplay in order to provide evidence for conflict resolution in such a circumstance. If both parties agree, they may allow for Overtime to occur and simply deduct 3-point scoring from whatever the final score is.
- MyTeam Play With Friends
- Single-elimination. 1 Game only, but maybe will combine scores of 2 Games, to account for geography/lag.
- Card Restrictions: None. Any Tier of card is allowed, in any number.
- Lineup Changes: Not allowed. Prior to start of any games, all competitors must submit their lineups, including Coach and Playbook. Choices will be “locked” and cannot be changed at any point.
- Position Restrictions: None. Any card can be played at any position.
- Gameplay Restrictions: None. In terms of tactics/strategy, anything is permissible.
- Sportsmanship Requirements: No flash-pausing. Any pauses while having possession of the ball must be followed, upon un-pausing, with 2 seconds of inaction. i.e. no pausing while driving and then unpausing and finishing.
- Pausing: Competitors may use the full extent of the Pause Timer. If they exceed their time, their opponent has every right to “take” the win. But opponent does not have to, and can allow use of additional Pause time.
- Courts: Custom courts are allowed, but the style and appearance must be a regulation NBA court: i.e. no all white or neon green courts.
- Jerseys: Home team jersey must be white, yellow or gray. Visitor jersey must be a color other than white, yellow or gray.
- Ball: Ball must be a regulation NBA basketball.
Please do not discuss tactics/strategy in this thread, whether you’re participating and especially if you are not. Half the fun of the tourney is not just simply executing in-game, but having the right in-game strategy and lineup strategy to execute. Hence the requirement to commit to a lineup that cannot be changed.
PS4 (Commissioner: @HarryLundt)
- @HarryLundt (USA, West)
- @Delano_23 (???)
- @MugLegacy2 (USA, East)
- @SNAGUP (USA, East)
- @Fra44 (Europe, Italy)
- @GanjaGandu (USA, East)
XBOX (Commissioner: @jc9288)
- @jc9288 (USA, East)
- @hazardousphrat (USA, East)
- @bru64 (Asia, India)
- @OGxSuave (???)
- @Ben (USA, East)